Lung Cancer Community
noncalcified nodule
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

noncalcified nodule

I went to the doctor today for kidney stones and was told that when they did my CT scan they found-
"There is a noncalcified nodule in the posterior aspect of the right lower lobe measuring up to 2.7mm. This does not appear substantially changed. There may be a smaller nodule in the medial aspect of the right lower lung measuring up to 2mm. This is also stable. This could represent a pulmonary vessel seen on end. There is a nodular density just adjacent to the right major fissure measuring up to 4.8mm. This appears grossly stable. Several nodular densities are seen in the left lower lobe as well measuring up to approximately 3-4mm. These do not appear substantially changed. The lung bases and pleura otherwise appear clear. The heart is normal in size. There is no pericardial effusion."
I guess this was also found when a CT was done 6/12/09, however I was never informed of the findings.

Does anyone know what all of this means? I have an appointment tomorrow with a pulmenary doctor.