Lung Cancer Community
noncalcified nodule

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

noncalcified nodule

I went to the doctor today for kidney stones and was told that when they did my CT scan they found-
"There is a noncalcified nodule in the posterior aspect of the right lower lobe measuring up to 2.7mm. This does not appear substantially changed. There may be a smaller nodule in the medial aspect of the right lower lung measuring up to 2mm. This is also stable. This could represent a pulmonary vessel seen on end. There is a nodular density just adjacent to the right major fissure measuring up to 4.8mm. This appears grossly stable. Several nodular densities are seen in the left lower lobe as well measuring up to approximately 3-4mm. These do not appear substantially changed. The lung bases and pleura otherwise appear clear. The heart is normal in size. There is no pericardial effusion."
I guess this was also found when a CT was done 6/12/09, however I was never informed of the findings.

Does anyone know what all of this means? I have an appointment tomorrow with a pulmenary doctor.
does anyone know anything about high calcuim???? I am 58 yr female- post men- I have been taken off calcuim supplement due highh level of calcuim in my blood work - it runs about 10- 13 . this has been going on for 2 yrs!!!! I am seeing a specalist and he is now running some test. one show a "24" hr urine test show high calcuim . i have a small nodule in a lung 6 x5 x4 mm in size also some mild dependent density posteriorly in the lungs and cyst on kidneys
I think the dr should be looking @ parathyroid disease???
anyone got any idea????? i am worry about my bones!!!!
mscats