Lung Cancer Community
precarinal lymphnodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

precarinal lymphnodes

What does a precarinal lymphnode mean? And what does axillary lymphnodes mean?
These names refer to the location of the particular group of lymph nodes.
"Pre-carinal" means "in front of the carina". The carina is the area where the wind pipe (trachea) divides into the two main bronchi. Roughly speaking, it lies in the chest cavity, behind the breast bone (sternum)
"Axillary" means "armpit".
i just got my P.E.T. SCAN RESULTS BACK FROM  MY LUNG CANCER TO SEE IF IT SPREAD ANYWHERE. NOW THEY SAY IT HAS. IT IS IN THE CARNIA, HILUM,PARATRACHEAL NODE AND SUPERIOR MEDIASTINUM.
CAN ANYONE EXPLANE THIS IN ENGLISH. THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 4 IN THE CHEST AREA AND ONE IN MY LUNG. THANK YOU.
my father's PET findings:  a nodule within the peripheral right upper lobe measures 2.3 x 2.0 cm and has a measured metabolic activity up to 7.4 suv's...  An abnormal hypermetabolic 0.9cm right hilar lymph node is seen that has measured activity up to  3.5 suv's.  A  1.4 cm percarinal lymph node has measured metabolic activity up to  5.8 suv's.  no right hilar adenopathy is seen.  no left pulmonary nodule or mass is identified.  There are no areas of abnormal hypermetabolic activity within the abdominal cavity.  There is  post surgical change of 1.5 laminectomy with mild increased metabolic activity within the  L5-S1  severely degenerated facets.     IMPRESSION: peripheral right lung primary lung cancer with possible early chest wall invasion and metastases to the right hilum and subcarinal lyphm nodes.   ok her is my question?   is it possible that lymph nodes mention above are showing hot because they are trying to fight the against the lung nodle?  Will lymph nodes read hot on a PET scan because they are doing there job?   Are these the lymph nodes that would active if someone had a rt upper  nodle of measuring this size.  also i notice in the report, that in one area the mention precarinal lymph node then in the IMPRESSION they say subcarinal lymph.  are these the same thing.   He also had a mild MI a few weeks ago and that placed 3 stents in an artery on the back side of his heart.  They told him he needs more stents but they are going to wait for lung biop. could the stents cause the abnormal lymph nodes. Oh and he has been a smoker for 40 yrs. and was complaining of chest cold when he had is MI.     Thank you.
Hi there.  Does anybody know what this means? 'He also has a less apparent  subcarnal lymph node' this was in some paperwork my dad has.
My husand went or a CT scan with Iv contrast, it states that there is a 16mm calcified nodule in right uer loe uncertain nature ( THERE IS A QUESTION MARK ( AND THEN STATE    PULMONARY SCARRING OR OTHER  PATHOLOGY and mildly enlarged right hilar lymh nodeaas well as multile nodules in right ue P PEr loBe ABOUT 1MM IN DIAMETER
AS WELL AS EMHASEMA  PULMONARY
WHAT IS IT CAN SOMEONE EXLAIN
THANKS
Regarding my Previous Post aBout my husBand CT scan with IV contrast it states as follows No mass lesions seen in the neck and superior mediastinum.  There is a MILDLY ENLARGED right hilar lymPh node measuring 14mm in diameter. Pulmonary emPhysema is evident. Thre is an irregular nodule with calcification in the right uPPer loBe measuring 17x15 mm. It is (question mark(
Pulmonary scarring or other Pathology.  several suBPLEURAL Pulmonary nodules of less than 1Omm in diameter in the right UPPERLOBE ARE ALSO NOTED.
cONCLUSION THE ASCENDING THORACIC AORTA IS MILDLY ECTATIC (wHATDOES THIS MEAN AS MY HUSBAND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A 44MM INFRARENAL ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM WITH MURAL THOMBUS AND THATS WHY WE WERE ASKED TO DO MORE ct ANGIOGRAMS THORACIC AORTA AND CARTOTID AND CEREBRAL ARTERIES DUE  TO INFRARENAL AAA HE IS 53 YEAR OLD SMOKER, I AM WORRIED AS HE DID NOT TAKE ME TO THE DOCTORS WITH HIM SO I COULD ASK QUESTIONS I  NEED SOME ANSWERS PLEASE
HELP, I DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO OR WHO TO TALK TO IT IS
I SM ST MY WITS END IF ANYONE COULD HEL ME IT WILL BE A BLESSING AS I AM WORRIED
gOD bLESS YOU ALL
HG
i AM HOPING YOUR DAD IS OK MY HUSBAND WENT FOR A CT  ANGIOGRAM THORACIC AORTA AS HE HAS AN INFRARENAL ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM WITH MURAL THROMBUS THE  MEASRMENT OF THE aNNEURYSM WAS 42MM AS THEY DD THE CHEST CT WITH IV THEN NOTED THAT HE HAD ISSUES WITH LUNG HE ALSO HAS HAD A COUGH FOR SOMETIME BUT DOCTOR SAID CHEST WAS CLEAR BUT STILL HAS THIS COUGH. iT READS AS FOLLOws I just want to know how your dad was diagnosed efore the  Pet was it through IV contrast CT scan, can this mildy enlarged right hilar lymh node vanish or is it something more serious,can ct scans says exactly what it is or do they have to do a  PET to know what we are dealing with did h do any Biosy WHO IS TREATING YOUR DAD THE SECIALIST.

No mass lesions seen in the neck and superior mediastinum.  There is a MILDLY ENLARGED right hilar lymPh node measuring 14mm in diameter. Pulmonary emPhysema is evident. Thre is an irregular nodule with calcification in the right uPPer loBe measuring 17x15 mm. It is (question mark(
cONCLUSION THE ASCENDING THORACIC AORTA IS MILDLY ECTATIC  HE IS 53 YEAR OLD SMOKER, I AM WORRIED AS HE DID NOT TAKE ME TO THE DOCTORS WITH HIM SO I COULD ASK QUESTIONS I  NEED SOME ANSWERS PLEASE
gOD bLESS YOU ALL
HG

I did a  Gallium 68 Dotanoc scan for locating any possible NETs
Did not find any but  found :
Subcentimeter mediastinal - precarnial and left paratracheal lymph nodes are seen showing no abnormal 68Ga-Dotanoc uptake.

Question : Do I need to get these investigated for cancer ?  
had a ct scan of chest following a chest xray. Followed by a ct scan which revealed "A small precaarinal lymph node is seen of uncertain significance"  Does that indicate precancer or what?.