Lung Cancer Community
right apical tb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

right apical tb

i am 26 years old now, female...i had my chest x-ray last december 2012...and their conclusion to my x-ray is right apical tuberculosis..can u further explain to result of my x-ray?...is it really a scary condition?..actually, my mom had a tb history..but we didnt have so much contact at the time she had that condition..
Hi there!

Right apical tuberculosis refers to the findings suggestive of tuberculosis involving the apical part of the right lung. This could be an active infection or findings suggestive of a previous infection and may require further investigation for a definite diagnosis. Tuberculosis is just an infection that takes longer time to heal and would need appropriate treatment. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating infectious disease specialist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
hello, Dr.. i already went to our health center here in the Philippines..and they read my x-ray result...they examined my sputum..and all those 3 sputum that i gave them, concluded that its negative...actually, 2 of them are salivary and the last is salivary-mucous..and even that was the result of my sputum test, they still refer me to take medicines such as rifampicin, isoniazid. pyrazinamide and ethambuthol hydrochloride tablets usp....for now, they gave me medicines for 2 months...they told me those medicines that they gave me help clear those lesion inside my lungs...what can u suggest or comment about this, doctor?..
for additional query....do i have to undergo CT scan or anything before taking any medicines?...actually, i dont have any cough right now or even weight loss....