shortness of breath
any type of cardio-activity makes me out of breath, to the point that i must sit down. i can walk several level miles without losing my breath. it's only when I bend over or carry something heavy. i have recently been given a clean bill of health by my heart doctor (i had a triple bypass 1 1/2 years ago) and my lung doctor, looking at xrays and breathing test results, says i have minor COPD but not enough to cause this problem. should i be taking some other type of tests? should i be seeing another type of specialist? .
Anemia can also cause shortness of breath.  Have you had a CBC lately to rule out anemia?  I don't know why the problem would happen when you bend at the waist, unless that is compromising the space your lungs need to expand.  Good luck, I hope you figure this out.

Lapis
How is your blood pressure?  Sometimes when I need my hypertension meds adjusted I become dizzy and short of breath when bending over, and on some other exertion.  Anemia can also cause shortness of breath.  

Ask your doctor to check your blood pressure and to do a complete blood count to check for low hemoglobin levels, which would indicate anemia.\

Good luck.
jd