Lung Cancer Community
slow growing lung nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

slow growing lung nodules

Can nodules resulting from infections growth slowly over a period of six months or does this always mean cancer?
In general benign nodes double in size over a span of years, malignant ones tend to grow faster, though it is uncommon for it to double within a month - in general, scans are spaced over at least 3 months.
Its hard to say what you mean by growth, but if we mean the nodule has doubled in size, less than 10% of benign nodules may behave so.
Best to discuss things with your doctor. What is critical here is whether or not there is enough evidence to warrant a biopsy. Know that there may be some small changes that are not deemed significant.
My Mother aged 64 was diagnosed last year with non small cell carcinoma (BA) in the RLL of her lung, and one node.  She had a lower lobe lobectomy and rec'd chemo.  Now 8 mos later she is found to have to have BA in the pericardial area and the nodes in the neck.  The nodes in the neck were biopsied and were found to have to have to have BA.  BA is also expected to be present on the pericardial area and prob in the adrenal nodes as well, as she has swelling at T12 area. Hx of R nephrectomy found benign tumor several years ago.  Also Hx of Squamous cell from foot traveled to r groin lymph nodes which were removed and rec'd chemo/radiation
All thought to be R/T Fowlers solution as a child for psoriasis as child in the late 40-50's.  Are there any meds out there that are effective for BA cancer?  Pet?CT both show these cells only present in the lymph nodes at this time. Please help us.
PS   They are now rating my mother at stage 3.  I'm not exactly sure why.  we have an appt in the am to see the oncologist.  she holds the flame of eternal hope, while we really want truth, and practical treatment modalities Thanks so much!