Lung Cancer Community
watching lung nod

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

watching lung nod

would a non cailsfild nod grow from 4mm  to 8cm  in a year??  the  ct scan was did in December 28th 2012..my pulmonary doc was suppose to had seen me in feb..I went to my gp doc I asked her if was on he systym,,she said it doubled from 4mm to  what  she thinks was a typo said 4mm to  8cm,,my gp doc said this very unlikely to happen this big in a yr..I see my pulmonary do tommrow 5/ 28...ive had this nod for 3 yrs..told me watch it  3 mo,6mo,then yearly to see what happeness. I do hope was a typo..i think they dictate??  need input??  do smoke copd
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? How was your follow-up with your doctor? It could indeed be a typo and a repeat imaging study will help rule this out. Discuss the result with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and hope all is well. DO keep us posted and best regards.