what are little white spots on lungs?
I'm a 41 year old female... i have little white spots on my lungs.  they tested me for TB. and Bloodclots.... all came back good. what esle could it be. thank you M.TONEY
I had a nodule and white spots.  The white spots were just calcifications.  The nodule turned out to be "organized pneumonia"
I've had a cough for about a year or more now and went to the hospital and the ER doctor told me that I had what seems to be a little bronchitics and border line asthma, whatever that means! and that is what the little white round spots were. I have no insurance I followed up with a Free Clinic doctor who saw the copies of the hospital I picked up earlier. He noticed the white spots, I asked him, could it be cancer? he said its in the back of his mind but it could be a lot of things. THIS SCARE THE **** OUT OF ME. I'm on a z-pac 5 day antibiotic, steroid pills,inhaler, cough suppressant and decongestant. Had some basic labs done and said to come back in a month to see if I still have the cough. It's gotten better but the white round little spots on the xray is stressing me out to the point where I feel I do have cancer. They also did a TB test at the clinic and it came back neg. Also he mentioned if it phenomina I would have a fever but I don't. I do feel tired but it could be from stressing out too much. I have NO insurance either so I'm on my own on this. I'm 25, m, married with 3 children. The spots are a little smaller then a pea and some 1/4 the size of a pea, looks like perfectly round and solid, I also saw what seems to be a white vortex that looks like a space black bole or something. I SCARED because everything I read points to lung cancer or something BAD. I don't want to die young... please help! I smoked for maybe a year in my teens and thats it.

A nodule on the lung could be due to various causes -
'Benign neoplasms - Hamartomas, lipomas, and fibromas
-Vascular lesions - Arteriovenous malformation
-Infectious granulomas - Tuberculosis, atypical mycobacterial infection, histoplasmosis, coccidioidomycosis, and blastomycosis
-Other infections - Aspergilloma, ascaris, dirofilariasis, echinococcal cyst, and bacterial abscess
-Noninfectious granulomas - Rheumatoid arthritis, Wegener granulomatosis, and sarcoidosis
-Developmental lesions - Bronchogenic cyst
-Others conditions - Hematoma, bronchiolitis obliterans-organizing pneumonia, pseudotumor, pulmonary infarction, amyloidoma, rounded atelectasis, and mucoid impaction'

This is just to let you know that further assessment would be required to come to a diagnosis and plan the further management.

This could also be a solitary pulmonary nodule . You could read more about the condition at the following link -

http://www.emedicine.com/RADIO/topic782.htm

What are the symptoms? Is there any cough , breathlessness, weight loss, etc?

Let us know about the details and any other queries that you might have.

Regards.