what does Right Upper Lobe Nodule mean??
Hi my names Sophie and im 14 yrs old

today my dad came home with information that he recived about him being ill and stuff like that.
he went for a CT a week ago and got the results back it said everything was fine but it did say that they suggested another CT scan to further evaluate the right Upper lobe nodule, but what my dad and i dont understand is whats a right upper lobe nodule is it saying that we should be worried or have cancer can you please help us out
thanks alot
Sophie =D
I went in and had a stomach scan and two days later they called me and said that the found 4 nodules 2 were calcified (that's good) two were not they were 6cmm. They did a full scan of my chest and found two more which were calcified. total 6 nodules. I had a petscan done and it showed no cancer. I will have cat scans done for the next 2 years to rule out cancer. Here is my understanding of modules. Yes, they can be cancer or as my doctor states they can be from earliar infections or something that got in your lungs. My dr was never worried, but i'm a nonsmoker... I had an emergency doc tell me he sees these all the time. tell your dad to get a petscan. Upper lobe means the place in the lung, upper lung. Please, please i'm not a doctor, this is just what i'm going thru. You can writte me back with any other questions.