Lung Cancer Community
what is the meaning of this..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

what is the meaning of this..

Good day Doctors! I just wanna ask the meaning of my chest x-ray result...the impression is "Findings are suggestive of post old granulomatous pulmonary process (post primary TB)..! is it good or bad? because the explanation of my physician is not understandable really..can you please explain further to me? i was once diagnosed of having PTB minimal both upper lungs and then i took the medication for 6 mos then after that got my xray again and that was the result..! my doctor gave me medicine again to be taken for a month or two called rifinah and vit.b6...and i have a big scar on my left side of the lung i think...! does it mean that i still have tb? is it worst already? because im still suffering for the shortness of breath and back pain..! but no cough at all or anything...just that two! can you help me to understand this doctor? thank you so much! Godbless
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? As mentioned from the other post, post primary pulmonary tuberculosis  arises from the reactivation of bacilli that lay dormant within a fibrotic area of the lung. Presence of immunosuppression, diabetes, malnutrition and alcoholism may contribute. It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.