Lung Cancer Community
whats most likely?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

whats most likely?

my doctors nurse called me and said i had a few nodules in my lungs but that he didnt want to see me agin until after i had seen my gastro  dr. for other things... I went and got  a copy of the ct  it says - A 6.5 mm groundglass attenuation on a nodule is present in the left lung, lower lobe. Several,  small pleural based nodules are also seen alond the periphery of bilateral lung bases.
Anyone know what this means?   the not knowing is driving me nuts. thanks in advance
candi
Looks like no one's responded yet - have you tried asking in other forums? There's a long list, and if you need a suggestion I'm more than happy to help. That's what these places are here for right!
I just wanna say I'm sending my thoughts to you. When do you see your gastro? Keep us updated.
I got my second ct back today and it pretty much says the same "numerous sub centimeter pleural and subpleural based nodules as well as scattered through out the lungs.Predominantly less than 5 mm. Referred to pulmonologist. I still don't really know what to make of all this but due to my age my Dr. doesn't seem to really think its anything. I guess maybe i should try not to worry about it either. I guess its just gonna be a long road of Dr. after Dr. Any way I welcome all replies and cant wait to hear from you.

Candi
Oof I know how going from doctor to doctor can be. Best advice is to keep positive, stay strong, focus on the good that surrounds you. Have you tried CancerGrace? Good community there. Also, if you have questions in between your doctor visits, try asking here: bit.ly/VmZkTj
That way you don't have to schedule a visit or stress about your health.