xray lung
Hi there I live in Perth Western Australia  my husband had a chest xray and there found a black spot on his left lung does this mean it lung cancer or could it be something else.

The chest X ray depicts bone as white and air as black. If the area in question really is black, then it may be a bleb, or a lung deformity which is an abnormal encapsulation of air. If this would rupture, there may be some pain associated with a change in the efficiency of breathing. These cysts or blebs may occur in the setting of an underlying lung disease (a good number of which may be smoking related), it may also occur in the setting where no known lung disease has been documented. Areas deemed suspicious for cancer would be areas of increased mass and are therefore generally white in appearance, so the image does not really support an underlying cancer problem. Whether it is a problem at all is also unanswered. Discuss your options with your doctor and come to an acceptable plan. Stay positive.