Lung Disorders Expert Forum
Breathing

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

Breathing

I have had a cold for about two days, this came with chest congestion. Last night i drank a couple of beers and then went to play soccer. I was doing good until i felt pain in my left lung as a took breaths. i stooped immediately and i was exhausted, an it hurt when i breath, then i played agin for a few minutes and it hurt again,i rested and then i felt like vomiting, and i did puke. This morning it only hurt when i took deep breaths. now it doesn't hurt but i am afraid to do exercise, should i try to exercise? should do to the doctor?
It is probably important to follow up with your primary care physician.  It does sound like acute bronchitis or upper respiratory infection.  With any illness, it is important to rest, drink lots of fluids and treat fever with Ibuprofen or tylenol.  The PCP will decide if a cxr or sputum sample is necessary rule out if any pneumonia and type.  Good luck.