Lung Disorders Expert Forum
CT Scan Shows Spots On Lungs

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

CT Scan Shows Spots On Lungs

It has been 8 days since i had a CT Scan on my lungs. I requested the Dr. to do the scan due to continuos pains in my back, heavy chest feeling, and the mornings I will not stop coughing until i can throw up a lot of phlegm. I cannot get it out until I throw up because it is so thick. I have had this symptom over a year now. Here is my disbelief, i have not heard from the doctor. I called everyday until a nurse called me back and she told me; you probably have slight pneaumonia and if it's not bothering you don't worry about it. I did tell her i am the 1 who requested the CT Scan. I got a big I don't know what to tell you but the other antibiotics for female issues will take care of it. The other 3 ct's show my ovary engulfed in cysts, i have pelvis inflamed, colon inflamation (inflammation) with nodules.
I also have female problems and did blood and urine work which led to the CT's. I have low potassium, bladder and pelvis infection. I called for a week to get result on these issues. I was called out 2 different antibiotics for these infections which is what the nurse said to take for what they think is slight pneaumonia.
RED FLAG Pharmacist said do not take these with your antidepressant Cymbalta until u talk to your doctor. He said the antibiotic Cipro thru up a red flag and spit it out of his computer. I did call and speak to the nurse again and told her about this but I still have not spoke with the doctor. I did go to her office but did not get to see her.
WHAT TO DO??? Of course I am in pain from the female problems but I am concerned with the spots on both lungs because lung cancer and pancreas cancer run in my family. Shouldn't i have a courtesy call from this doctor? What is the standard. I am 46 f and smoke. I never went to doctors and thought i finally found one. Please Advise.