Lung Disorders Expert Forum
Cold sensation in lungs

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

Cold sensation in lungs

In November of 2009 i contracted some form of virus that i had for about a month and a half. The symptoms were diarrhea, flu like symptoms, chest pain (burning and cold like sensations). After a month and a half it went away but about a week ago the chest symptoms seemed to return. Half the time everything is fine, but the other half i am plagued with these horrible hot and cold sensations that seem to be in my lungs. They are also accompanied by terrible abdominal pain, upper and lower. I have been tested for HIV and came up negative. Blood panels also come up normal. Any recommendations?
The lung complaints seem more likely to be related to fever and chills. Curious that abdominal complaints always occur and raises the question as to whether you have an abdominal problem that is the root of these episodes.  I suggest you ask for a referral to a Gastroenterologist