Lung Disorders Expert Forum
Repair for lung scars
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Repair for lung scars

Has there been any breakthrough discoveries as to how lung scars can be REPAIRED?

I know I have heard of either the answer of lung transplants or partial lung removal,
but are there any other solutions for repair of the lung with scar tissue?

Tags: repair
Related Discussions
1277598_tn?1271097794
It truly depends upon why scarring is present.  There are many types of Interstitial Lung Disease that cause scarring...some respond to medications (sarcoidosis for instance) and some do not.  The real key is accurate diagnosis and how FUNCTIONALLY limiting the scarring is.  Diagnosis usually requires a combination of blood test and possibly imaging and or biopsy of lung tissue.  Functional testing usually includes pulmonary function tests.  Many scarred areas as a consequence of prior viral or fungal infections truly cause few problems.  
1 Comment
Blank

A search on the internet came up with two solutions claiming to heal those;

1. Longidaza manufactured in Russia is said to be able to cure lung scars.
2. Serrapeptase administered in capsules ( SerraRX 80 and Serracor NK) are also said to be capable healing the lung scars. They say its an enzyme that feeds on the dead tissues including the pulmonary nodules.

I asked somewhere in this forum, maybe the Doctors may help.
Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...