Lung Disorders Expert Forum
fibrotic changes

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

fibrotic changes
good day...i am applying in abroad..but my xray result found that fibrotic changes at suprahilar left...my doctor said this is an scar..so what is this and any medication for this..hope you will answer,thanks and god bless..
if it appears as a simple scare there is nothing to do about it.  benign scars are of no concern and cannot be treated except to be removed surgically which is again unneccesary.  the important point is that active infection and cancer are excluded which is usually able to occur with a careful review by a pulmonary MD