Lung Disorders Expert Forum
pft
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pft

im 41 old female ive suffered from asthma and for 25 years ive smoked and at times up to a pack maybe a little more but for the last 5 months ive managed to cut under a 10 cigs a day now im down two 1 if needed or 3 on a bad day. anyways i decided to ask for a pft test and as of today i went on a rainy nasty day felt somewhat asthmatic and when i took the test i of course ask the technician questions and she said something were when i breath out there looks to be a little slight air intrapped isnt that a sign of copd or emphysema  im scared now . does a technician no if you might have these lung proublems she said you might be border of getting it or like hanging on the fence of possibly having this slightly very mildley. A er doctor told me about 10 days ago when i had a chest x-ray that my lungs looked clear but of course as expected in a smoker i had some slight scaring very mild and if i quit smoking ill reduce my chance of getting copd  or empysema and he doesnt believe i have it. Dont no what to think now and wont find out anything for a day or two woried and wonder what u think of this.