Lupus, Fibro, Antiphosphpolipid Antibody Syndrome and other Autoimmune ...
Fibro, lupus- hereditary?
About This Group:

Have autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, Antiphoshpolipid Antibody Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Reynauds, and others seemed to have stopped your life in its tracks? Do you just need an outlet? Would you like to share your story or draw on the experiences of others? This is the place for you. No negativity will be tolerated. Only support, respect, and healing found here.

Founded by rooroo41 on February 27, 2011
82 members

Fibro, lupus- hereditary?

Does anyone else have more than one generation in family of fibro, lupus, or other rheumatological problems?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 11 years ago, lupus about 7 years ago (and I also have several other serious health problems).   The worst thing I have to go through is knowing that my son, 11 years old now, has had fibro since he was 7 years old.  I know it is rare for children and doctors don't like to diagnose children, but my son has all the symptoms and I think it is genetic because he experiences the pain how I do and the pain, weakness, and muscle cramping/tightness in the same areas of the body as I do.  First doctor he went to thought he was just copying me but I was/am very careful jot to complain and describe my pain to my children- I try not to let on I am in pain or what my health problems are.  

For a while my son also had ANA's in his blood and had autoimmune problems, in ER a lot and was diagnosed with lupus.  But now no more ANA's and immune system has been doing well(thank god) for last few years so doctor now says was not lupus.  I really hope this is the case!  I am worried, however, that he may have further problems in future because when I am stable, doing well on medication, and no serious autoimmune problems the ANA's leave my blood too.  (By the way, does this happen to anyone else?)

I once asked a doctor about lupus &fibromyalgia being hereditary and he rudely looked at me and said, "That's not what's going on, they have done all kinds of studies about that and has only been found to be hereditary in Turks!"  Well, hello...... I am half Turkish!  But I have heard other stories of fibro running in families.  Another doctor told me that families can be predisposed to it.  

Thanks for listening, and good to meet you all!
vitbaro joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 27
razzy4ever down with virual syndrome Comment
Mar 23
Minnow57 uploaded a new photo
Mar 20