anticardioplin antibodies and I.T.P
Hi I was looking for information on anticardioplin antibodies and I.T.P.
I was diagnosed with chronic I.T.P when i was 8, i now 31. I am 16 weeks pregnant and have stable platelet count of 50. I was told at hosp visit yesterday that i tested positive for anticardioplin anitbodies, but was not started on any treatment. Does anyone have any information on this please, rather anxious.
Anti-cardiolipin antibodies (ACLA) have been suggested to play a role in the pathogenesis and thrombosis.The Anticardiolipin Antibody Syndrome (Lupus Anticoagulant) is caused by an antibody response against phospholipid . These antibodies include VDRL/RPR.Antiphospholipid antibodies reduce the levels of annexin V(a protein)The reduction of annexin V levels is thought to be a possible mechanism underlying the increased tendency of blood to clot and the propensity to pregnancy loss characteristic of the antiphospholipid syndrome.So it is better to start your treatment at an early stage more you can know by consulting with your physician.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
bigsissie Been a few years, been so b... Comment
Jan 17
LiveWireZ commented on Tests
Oct 17
Ansu_kumar commented on What is Anti-CCP? Wha...
Sep 23