Lupus, Fibro, Antiphosphpolipid Antibody Syndrome and other Autoimmune ...
anticardioplin antibodies and I.T.P
About This Group:

Have autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, Antiphoshpolipid Antibody Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Reynauds, and others seemed to have stopped your life in its tracks? Do you just need an outlet? Would you like to share your story or draw on the experiences of others? This is the place for you. No negativity will be tolerated. Only support, respect, and healing found here.

Founded by rooroo41 on February 27, 2011
85 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

anticardioplin antibodies and I.T.P

Hi I was looking for information on anticardioplin antibodies and I.T.P.
I was diagnosed with chronic I.T.P when i was 8, i now 31. I am 16 weeks pregnant and have stable platelet count of 50. I was told at hosp visit yesterday that i tested positive for anticardioplin anitbodies, but was not started on any treatment. Does anyone have any information on this please, rather anxious.
1 Comment
Blank
1682235_tn?1305025117
Anti-cardiolipin antibodies (ACLA) have been suggested to play a role in the pathogenesis and thrombosis.The Anticardiolipin Antibody Syndrome (Lupus Anticoagulant) is caused by an antibody response against phospholipid . These antibodies include VDRL/RPR.Antiphospholipid antibodies reduce the levels of annexin V(a protein)The reduction of annexin V levels is thought to be a possible mechanism underlying the increased tendency of blood to clot and the propensity to pregnancy loss characteristic of the antiphospholipid syndrome.So it is better to start your treatment at an early stage more you can know by consulting with your physician.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
mariesky joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 13
Blank
fatigue
Sep 02 by alesiaw
Blank
exhausted
Sep 02 by alesiaw