eIs my shingles caused by an undrlying neurologic problem or vise versa?
24 year old fit female, with asthma as my only medical history aside from bacterial meningitis as an infant. Otherwise, I have been healthy. I know I have shingles. I started to have a burning, itchy sensation to the top of my thigh, which progressed to my lower back and up to the right side of the middle of my back. Now I have visible patchy blisters. To me its obvious. But I also have a tingling chill sensation that goes up my back frequently, although it comes and goes. I have problems with initiating fine motor control, for example when I write or type, I unintentionally pause before starting, and also occasionally pause during. I have been feeling light headed and unbalanced when I walk and I've been having tremors and twitches throughout my entire body, mostly in my legs, arms, hands, fingers, and sometimes my mid-body around my hip area. Sometimes its visible and obvious, other times, I can feel it, but it can't outwardly be seen. Also my right hand falls asleep and gets tingly, when I hold up a book or my phone after 10 or so minutes and this morning my right ring finger and pinky were asleep. I know it all sounds neurological, and I haven't been to see a doctor yet. I don't know if I should see a neurologist or just treat the shingles with the hopes that the symptoms will go away. This all started 3 days ago and is progressively worse each day. I just recently got over a 2 week long illness, I think it was a sinus infection along with bronchitis, I wasn't seen, nor did I have it treated. I occasionally go for walks around the neighborhood (moved here a month ago from WA state) where I live now in GA , which is highly wooded - so part of me thinks maybe lyme disease, but would this have anything to do with the shingles - the rash looks nothing like a lyme disease rash. Please any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
bigsissie Been a few years, been so b... Comment
Jan 17
LiveWireZ commented on Tests
10/15
Ansu_kumar commented on What is Anti-CCP? Wha...
09/15