Lupus Community
3 positive ANA test, plus other systems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

3 positive ANA test, plus other systems

I'm a 43 year old male, and tested strong positive on ANA three times. For the last twenty years I've been suffering from rashes on my forarms and face I believe set off by sun, but not he butterfly, more around nose cracks, eybrows , chest, and chin, and terrible back pain a day later. Doctor said collagen vascular desease, but woldn't call it Lupus yet.In January arthitis was so bad in my hips I had to have one replaced wth titanium. Now I'm battling hip recover and suffering from iflammatory flareups int he rest of my body. I just received an anti-inflammatory shot with steroid to see if that helped.

Do you think the hip arthritis is related to Lupus.?
My estrogen levels are very high, and was once diagnosed with epiphysial displasia, so I'm taking DHEA. Anyone had success with DHEA. ?

I'm glad I've finally getting closer to a diagnosis, but have no idea what's in store. My best friend gave his kidney to his sister who's lupus attacked her kidney.

Any words of advice are appreciated...
Tags: lupus ana
   I'm sorry to hear of the rough time you're having. What exactly is your doctor waiting on before diagnosing you with lupus? (I'm assuming this is your rheumatologist) I was lucky (if you could call it that) and had enough symptoms and signs (positive ana, positive lupus panels) to be diagnosed my first visit w/rheumy. I have never had the "butterfly" either. You're symptoms do sound alot like SLE. Has your doc ran the DSDNA? Or the anticardiolipin antibodies test? I hope you get some answers soon and just hang in there. If all else fails it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion!
i was diagnosed coeliac 4 years ago but since 3 years ago ive had back pain neck pain and problems with hands arm and neck..i have had osteoarthritis since roughly 18 and im nearly 42 but my hands so bad they lock my right arm goes dead

but since last year till todays results i got ive tested positive for ana now but both attacking me joints pleura ect, rhumo did tests and got spondilosis nerve damage and a problem with bulging disks, they have tested for sle and rhumatoid but it keeps coming back positive and im going back monday but she dont seem to want to know...i have hip displasia also waiting to have corrected now theyve said i cant get knee replacements as im allergic to metal.  any advice would be appreciated on finding causes my head is hitting a brick wall.. also got ostepenia and waiting for results from my follow up dexa to see if i have osteoperosis now

i have lupus symptoms and rhumatoid but rhumatoid keeps coming back negative...i lose my hair i now have rash over nose hands lock and joints burn ect anyone help my rhumo hasnt even asked me every symptom i get
I know things are different in the UK.  I would suggest that you write down each symptom, trying to be as brief as possible while being thorough.  

Do you know the level of your ANA?  Or the pattern?  

I would educate yourself on the 11 criteria for lupus and make sure you point out which ones you have.