Lupus Community
ANA question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

ANA question

Hello, I am new here, and just have a few questions. The only thing I have been dx with is chrons and low b12 4 yrs ago, the b-12 has been fine, I get shots everyweek, and my numbers are alway good.
For the last 4 yrs I have had off and on symptoms that go along with ms, numbness, tingling, vision, alway tired, after 3 mris ms has been rules out.
My new symptom is my fingers are stiff and painful as well as my toes. My last appt with my nero, she said it was all due to my lower back and that is where my problems where coming from.
Before I left I asked her if the rash on my face looked like rosacia, so she looked back on my results and appologized left and right and said she missed my result that my ana was postitive.

My question is could chrons make a postitive result?
Does malar rash look alot like rosacia?

Thank you for your help
kelly

Do you know what your ANA level is?  (Ask for a copy of all test)

I am not sure, but I would think chrones could cause a positive ANA result.  

A malar rash looks like a rash.  But Discoid Lupus looks similar to rosacia.  The only difference is, lupus spares the nasal fold.

Do you have pain in your knees or fingers?
I am getting my second test back today and I will ask what the level was, My fingers feel like they are tight and there is pain in them.

Only one knee hurts off and on, I was told I have a bone spur in it, there is times I have a hard time bending it.  

The bottom of my feet hurt alot, and it is now moving into my toes.

Thank you so much for your response, I will get back to you after I talk to my nero.

Kelly
Has your condition been diagnosed...didn't see new posts from you. I'm a Chron's patient...finally diagnosed after two years of diffuse symptoms. Dizziness, headaches, dry eyes &mouth, indigestion, bloating & painful abdomen, ulcers in terminal ileum, skin rashes, fatigue..etc etc.

My ANA was 1:80 a year ago &increased to 1:240 then 1:640 moreover, ESR &CRP keep fluctuating. This journey isn't easy and understand that it is VERY rare in Asia. Any online support and advice would help. I hope not many get this illness though!