Aa
A
A
Close
ANA test results
Hi!
I have recently had some blood work done. My ANA was reported as Positive ANA 15 - homogeneous and speckled pattern. My question is what titer does the 15 correspond with? I have done some research, but I haven't found an explanation for this? Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Allyson
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
Hi Allyson,

Welcome to Medhelp.  It appears there are two ways they talley up ANA levels.  One way is by a titer that reads 1:40, 1:80, 1:160 (it doubles every time they wash the specimine and still see the antibody.)  Anything over 1:40 is considered positive, but they really don't take notice until it gets up there around 1:320.  

The other is called ANA IU/ML.  Anything over 7.5 is considered positive.  But I am not familar enough with these readings to give an assesment.  I'm assuming this is the test your dr. did.  I have gone up to the lab and asked to speak to someone about my test.  I try to go when they are not swamped.  (15 is double of 7.5, so it could be a significant level)

They also look at symptoms as well.  Some healthy people can have a positive ANA.  What kind of symptoms are you having?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources