Lupus Community
Afraid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Afraid

I'm super afraid of during from lupus... I started getting light butterfly rash and burning feeling in my face... My fingers hurt ... The face is super sensative to light.... The doc did ana cuz my face started to get red few months ago ... But it started to take a butterfly shape just 5 days ago... Ana that was done a month ago came back normal.... They did a panel test yesterday should get results tomorrow or tuesday.... Today tried going outside my face was burning like crazy super sensative to sun light.... I'm super scared of getting lupus mostly cuz I'm afraid if complication and  dyeing from  it.., so far all the symtoms (symptoms) I have are light butterfly rash ... Pain in fingers, chills and fingers are super cold... Not sure if everything is related... Does this sound like lupus? And also maybe there is someone here that's been dealing with lupus for long time?
It's very normal to be afraid of thinking you might have SLE. But the good news is they have made alot of improvements in the treatment. I have SLE was dx in 1994.  Remission than flare ups.  My butterfly rash is made worse by going out in the sun.  The painful fingers and tingling sounds familiar also.  But I do know for a fact stress and worrying will make you feel worse.  So try hard as it might be, not to stress over the results until you know for sure.  Wishing you the best
Thank you for the response! My market test came back negative again but from reading I know that lupus is not always positive in the blood work. Was ur ana positive right away? Also does ur butterfly ever go away... Can you ever go outside when it's sunny or not cu it causes the rash tiger worst ? I been having this rash for a week now and I swear I have these 2 little scars bearly notisible but I see it and my skin always feels that I have sun burn its hot and tingiling..,, I was reading how people loose all their hair and how it scars face..... How horrible are the steroids with said affects ... Gaining huge amounts of weight and others.... I understand that to stay alive comes first and most important but I'm 25 and all of this seams so out of this world...
Marker*