Lupus Community
Anti-DNA (DS) Ab Qn 13
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anti-DNA (DS) Ab Qn 13

Hi, I had a positive ANA in June of this year, and went back in for complete ANA panel.  All results were completely normaly minus the Anti-DNA (DS) AbQn which was 13. I am a Type 1 diabetic (for 30 years), have no complications and keep it well controlled.  I have never been diagnosed with arthritis.  I have a spot on my hand which hurts and can swell, but it's not joint related (or on a joint) and only bad after spending lots of time on laptop or iPhone.  

Does this mean I have Lupus?  I don't have any of the other symptoms out of the 11.  So, I have two for sure, MAYBE you can count arthritis as being the third, but I definitely have no other of the 11 conditions which you must have 4.

HELP.  I did have this blood work done 1 week after a balloon sinuplasty so I did have significant nasal swelling and also was starting to get a sinus infection. Could this be it?  I do have Hashimotos thyroiditis as well.  I realize I'm more predisposed to getting autoimmune disorders because of my Type 1 diabetes, but this is freaking me out.  I just got lab results today when I can't talk to my doctor's office.... But could Hashimotos, diabetes, or sinus infection cause the out of range Anti-DNA test???

Please help, I'm very anxious and worried.  I'm 36 years old and healthy with a precious 3 year old boy.
434278_tn?1324709825
Anti-dsDNA is sometimes present with diseases such as Sjogren's, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, chronic hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, and infectious mononucleosis.  So there are other things beside SLE (lupus) that has an elevated DNA.  Hashimoto is an autoimmune disease too.  From what I read, anything above 9 is positive.  Yours is just a 13.  I'm not familar w/ this as mine has never been positive, but it might be considered a low positive.

If you are not displaying any symptoms, I wouldn't be worried.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...