Lupus Community
Are these symptoms???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Are these symptoms???

Hello all,
I am trying to get ready from my appointment with the Rhuematologist. I had a positive ANA both Homogeneous and Speckled @1:320. Well I wanted to know which of my symptoms are lupus symptoms, cause not a lot of my symptoms fit the lupus symptoms mold. It all started for me with Diarrhea, I would get randomly. Now I have almost all time and for about 2 to 6 weeks at a time it will be really bad along with stomach pains. In march it got so bad the lower left part of my colon was so inflamed you could see it when I laid down. Then I got what they thought was Bell's Palsy for no reason at but that came and went. I don't really get rashes but I do get sun burn really easy at times but not all the time. I have also had sun poisoning twice, oh and I black if that matters. My hands and feet swell sometimes, and last summer the knuckles swelling petty bad no color just lots of pain. In April my joints start hurting, slight at first and it was on and of. Now its all the time, and sever, with weakness in my hands. I do have a vitamin D deficiency. Shortly after the joints I started feeling dizzy all the time, the kind of dizzy where it feels like your not breathing enough.  Then started getting a crackling in my neck like I had pop rocks in my neck, followed by sever pressure. I also have a sore in my nose that I have had for about 2 months. Well sometime in mid July I started getting what I thought was heart burn, but nothing I took for it would make go. My chest to my throat was on fire for 3 weeks and then it just went away. My hair is falling from the root, about a brush full a day. I can't focus. I feel like I'm breathing baby powder and coughing doesn't help it go away. And last but not least, I keep having these spells where my pulse rate stays around 120, and it feels like my heart and lungs are in competition for space and oh does that hurt, I even went to the ER, and they just did an EKG and sent me home feeling the same way.  

Sorry its so long but if some could please read and let me if these are symptoms of anything or if I'm crazy.
Thanks,
Brittany
The first question I have is- when do you see you Doctor again, 120 pulse rate is not normal at all.

I am recovering from having a small heart surgery because my pulse rate got as high 175 and it felt like my heart was comming out my neck and when I tried to lay down it woyuld be hard to breath. You need to talk to your doc about taking a beta blocker, there is all kind of med that well take that pulse rate down to normal within 10 minutes after taking it.

Your not crazy at all, your concerened.

I hope I didn't scare you ,I wasn't trying to.

Cassie
My next appointment with my Rheumatologist is not until the 24th of next month. Thats the soonest I could be seen,  but my pulse rate is normal right now though. If I have another spell where goes out of range I will be sure to go my PCP or the ER. Although the ER always thinks I'm just have an Anxiety attack, or have GERD. But I go aways!!!  
Thanks for your concern!!!
Brittany
Yeah the 24th of September is awhile off yet hun it will be here faster then you will think.

Start writting down questions you would like to ask the Doctor, no question is too small or too big to ask and for him to answer.

I'm stubborn I waited till my pulse rate was 175 and I couldn't lay down flat to sleep.

I think I have heard all kind o f things from the E.R. just don't let get to you, once you are DX with something it will help alot.

If you have any questions to ask about Lupus or anything feel free to do so.

God Bless you and yours!!

Cassie
Check out these lupus symptoms.
Be sure and spend about 15 min. in the sun prior to your visit w/ the rheumy.
I too have problems w/ tachycardia.

There are 11 criteria for a lupus dx.  You must have at least 4 of the 11 to recieve a dx.

They are:
1. malar rash over cheeks (butterfly rash)
2. discoid rash, red raised patches
3. photosensitivity - reaction to sunlight, resulting in skin rash
4. oral and nose ulcers
5. arthritis
6. serositis - inflamation (inflammation) of the lining of the lung or heart
7. reanl disorder - excessive protein in urine and/or cellular casts
8. neurologic disorder - seizures, or psychosis
9. anemia or low white blood count or lymphopenia or low platelet count
10. positive ANA
11. positive anti-DNA or anti-Sm, or antiphospholipid antibody or false pos. syphilis test

Other symptoms are:
fever
abdominal pain
chest pain
shortness of breath
blood in urine
hair falling out
fatigue
muscle pain and weakness
dizziness
poor memory
headaches
poor circulation in fingers and toes
tingling in extremities
diarrhea
bloating
nausea
weight loss
abdominal pain
blurred vision
depression
palpitations
raynauds (where fingers turn white when cold)
intollerance to cold
sore throat
...to name a few

Keep in mind that fibromyalgia, CFS, MS and lymes disease also have similar symptoms.