Lupus Community
Baby with lupus?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby with lupus?

Hello everybody. Thank you for this great forum.

I have a simple question. My daughter started to show a very intense rash with blisters all over her arms. This has been gong on since she was 8 month old. She is know 14 months. The doctor says that she thinks by her exams that my daughter has lupus. I have read all over the web that lupus in babys is calles neonatal lupus and that it starts very early in the first moth or two, and that it clears up at the 6 month. This made me think that she does not have neaonatal lupus, but sistemic lupus. Is it possible for my daughter to develop sistemis lupus at the age og 8 months?

Thank you
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
She had a antinuclear antibody test done and the result came back negative. Does this mean she does not have lupus? The test was done when the first blisters appeared. When she was 8 months old
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
The neg. ANA can not definitely rule out lupus, but it would certainly ease my mind.  There are 11 criteria for systemic lupus.  There is also something called dicoid lupus that mainly affects the skin.  Lupus usually causes extreme fatigue and joint pain.  Does she act like she is in a lot of pain?

I can only express my opinion.  I would lean toward an allergy.  Maybe her formula, laundry soap, etc.  Did her dr. think ya'll could rule out an allergy?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...