Bruises
Do any of you experience bruises that seem to come from nowhere?  My platelet count was fine last we checked (200K).  Anyway, I showed the bruises to my neurologist last week and she says they look like little bruises from me bumping on things, etc.  Maybe, but this morning I noticed one in a very odd spot (in between my legs, way up high..not likely to bump this area!).  I told her they seem to come from nothing, they start small and a strange brown/maroon color, not like my normal bruise color.  They also are tender to the touch and have a tiny knot under the surface sometimes.  They just do not look like my typical bruise and I usually have one or two new ones about every day.

Anyone else have these?  Know what they're from?
Hi..there is a condition called Ehlers-Danlos that can cause bruising like this and most with it are slow to heal....we do have a group for it here on Med Help and there is more info in the Health Pages...a link is in the Group threads.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Ehlers-Danlos-Syndrome/show/417?camp=msc&personal_page_id=862904

"selma"