Lupus Community
Chronic Back pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Back pain

I have been experiencing muscles tightness around my upper back and neck that causes headaches. I have also been told that I have swelling in the same area. Is this a symptom of lupus?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Well, I would not say that lupus cannot cause this symptom, but other causes are more likely.
Wrong posture while reading or working on computers can cause neck and upper back stiffness and pain. It can also be due to bone disease of vertebra or due to pinched nerves. Arthritis of the vertebral joints and muscle stiffness can cause a swelling. Fat deposition is another possibility. Apart from pain medications you need alternative therapies like manual traction, physiotherapy and neck and back stretching and strengthening exercises to relieve the pain. Please discuss with your doctor. If all this is ruled out, then lupus should be considered, especially if you are suffering from it. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...