Lupus Community
Could I have Lupus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Could I have Lupus?

I currently have Thyroiditis,Hashimoto's Thryoid Disease and am reactive hypoglycemic.  My grandmother (my dad's mom) had Lupus.  My antibodies are elevated but not extremely.  I have been getting heart palpitations for the past couple of months.  I thought it was due to my tsh being at .001 a month ago and is 4.64 now.  When I asked my endo. why I'm still having the heart palps., she said that they were positive it was not due to my thyroid and to see my pcp.  I have read that Lupus can be associated with Thyroid disease and can cause heart palpitations.  Do you think I could possibly have this disease?  If so, how can I be tested for it?

Blessings,
Nikki  
-6 Comments Post a Comment
I remember the doc had to take lots of blood, testing the Liver function, full Hepatic panel, and ANA tests.  I'm now learning there is an ENA test they do that is deeper testing.  If the heart palpitations are Lupus related, please let me know, as my daughter is having those a lot!  

Good luck.  I sure hope you don't have Lupus.  Sounds like you have enough issues to deal with already.  
Lupus can affect your body in many ways.  That being said it is very hard to diagnose and would require a lot of lab work to start narrowing things down or eliminate the possibility of you having lupus. Let your physician know of your family history and your concerns. I think your best bet would be to see a rheumatologist since they treat lupus.
Lupus is a strange disease, and can cause a lot of symptoms.  You really need to see a specialist that deals with autoimmune issues.  Isn't Hashimoto's an autoimmune disorder? I have 2 different types of autoimmune diseases and they piggyback each other.  I hope you don't have it, but better to find out and start treatment if needed.

Good Luck

PS Lupus can affect the heart and cause palps, but so can a lot of other things.