Could I have lupus
I have concerns that I might have Lupus. I have a high SED rate, low vitamin D, and lots of bodily aches in joints etc. I have seen a Rheumy who sent me back to my PCP. I was told that I likely have polymyalgia since they can't find anything else. I was prescribed Mobic to take for pain this all took place in July-Aug. Late in Nov I had a cough which lead to chest pain. I was told I had bronchitis and pleurisy. A month later my chest is worse (tho it had felt better) and I have to clear my throat once in a while, but no other cough sysmptoms. ER dr ordered bloodwork, XRay, and EKG. All were normal. He dismissed me w/Pleurisy. I am concerned that dr's are missing something deeper as the cause. TIA for any help.
Have they checked your ANA?  That will tell if you have something autoimmune such as lupus going on.  A high SED rate says you have inflammation, a low vit.D rate is what most people with some sort of illness have.  I would ask for a full lupus panel of bloodwork to be done.  Good luck and let me know.
Joni
Thank you so much for the info you provided. I did check the results of my ANA which was done last August, and it was negative. Should I still pursue a full Lupus panel? Warm Regards, Monica
Hi Monica,

I agree w/ Joni, and yes I think you should pursue more testing.  Be sure and spend time in the sun prior to having your ANA rechecked.  Even if it is cloudy.  About 15 - 30 min. depending on how much skin is exposed.  What this will do is, if you have lupus it will cause the ANA to be elevated.