Lupus Community
Cymbalta and tiredness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Cymbalta and tiredness

I recently started taking Cymbalta and I feel like I am asleep all the time. I am so tired. Is this common? Can I take it at night? The pharmacist said to take it in the am but how much difference can it make? I have many issues with sleep already any ideas?
I was on Cymbalta for a year. I had horrible brain fog, no motivation, lost interest in everything that gave me joy, and was tired all the time. It never got better for me, and my dose was around 50mg at the highest point. I went off and within a few months started feeling better. It did amazing things for the anxiety problems, which is why I went on it in the first place. But since I only needed something every once in a while for anxiety, the doc said it's not necessary to take something every day if you only need something once in a while. He switched me to xanax, and that has done the job without all the horrible side effects. It's not perfect. But it's better than the Cymbalta.
I been taking it for a 7 months , it will ease up dear if not then I would say something to your doc.
Waht dose are you on?
I take 80 mgs every morning with the rest of my 13 different meds
Wow and I thought I was on alot of meds. I started to take mine at night that seems to make all the difference.I know they intend to double that in the next few days. so it will be 60 then I think.                               Hope you are doing okay and your day treats you right   IV
I am on 60 now and I tell you it is hell. I want off this stuff. Anti depressant? No way I feel like I have been hit with a bat. I am going to tell my doc to get me off this stuff. I was hoping it would get better but I have lost hope of that. Thanks for the imput guys Take care out there
I have been on Cymbalta and I hate it.  I have been fatigued with no motivation or joy.  I have told my Dr this over and over but he just blows me off.  I thought it was interesting to see that someone else is experiencing the same things that I am.  It is not workinng on my depression, but I sure feel the side effects.  My Dr wants me to stay on it because it is so hard to come off of it.  I guess he does not want to be bothered with it, just as he does not want to be bothered with quality of life.  It seems to me that since I am drawing disability that he has made a jugement that my quality of life is not important to him.  After reading your post, it seems to me that its time for me to do what I have been threatening to do for months now and that is find another DR.  Thanks for post and your help by posting your experience  :)