Discoid and SLE
Is it possible to have both discoid and SLE?
Yes from what I understand it is possible to have both.  You may have SLE as a Primary and Discoid a secondary.  It is possible to have many Autoimmune disorders all together.  I have spoken online to people who have 2, 3 one person had 8 according to their doctor.  Do you think you have both?
My doctor thinks I have SLE and Raynauds or Vasculitis.  I haven't even told my family about the Vasculitis yet.  I just found out Wednesday.

I am really not sure. My primary thinks I have SLE. I noticed these small ( about a quarter in size) round red, scaly spots on the top of my arm about 2 months ago. They don't hurt or itch....just ugly. The scales went away just have the red spots now, although they are some what lighter.
Didn't really think anything of it...just thought dry skin.
Today after getting out of the shower I noticed another on the outside of my left thigh. It's just like the others. So I am really not sure. I think I am going to go to the Dermatologist.
I don't know anything about Raynaud's yet ~ just that it was one of the things they thought I had during the 6 months it took for them to diagnose the rare pre-cursor disease to my DL ~ Kikuchi Fujimoto (histiocytic necrotizing lymphadenitis). But I'm certain that many of the people with DL also have SLE.
I've used Triamcinilone creams (.1% cortizone type's) on my skin since I started using Plaquenil (a mother's milk for RA) to control my skin lesions. The cortisone's are hard on the skin, eventually thinning the layers. A girlfriend of mine turned me on to some Clobetasol lotion a couple of years ago ~ it's really strong, and really effective. It tackles my lesions in short order. I know my picture doesn't really show the lesions... I knew how to turn away from those on the left side of my face that year; you can barely see the little red spots. But I've had huge lesions on both sided of my chin for a couple of years now! They're larger than a silver dollar ~ someone at my new job said I looked like a "crack head". Humbling; but at least the person had the honesty/guts to say it to my face. I respect that more than the whispers...
Personally, I'm praying for no more diagnosis :-) "Kitten paws" (my cycle has stopped and I'm having horrible hot flashes) is enough for me to deal with! Lupus is adversely impacted by changes in hormone levels. The doctors told me if I were to become pregnant I would be at risk of going systemic. I'm not married, so that answers that one for Me. I don't meet the prerequisites for pregnancy ;-) But my hormone levels still change every two weeks ~ I get a lot of fatique, like Gumby after 2 minutes in the microwave... especially every two weeks...
Best wishes to you, may you have the best of doctors! And a speedy recovery!
Wow sounds like you have had a rough time with this. Hopefully I will get some answers soon. I finally got an appointment to a Rhuematologist but not until July 2nd. I am also going to see the Dermatologist on Thursday. Maybe I will find something out soon. Best of luck to you. :)
How are you doing? Just thought I'd check in and see how you were doing, with springtime and more sunshine? My skin had started to clear up for awhile ~ but the hormone changes make it flare every couple of weeks.
Did you get some creams for your skin? Take care now, Wosh.
Sorry things have been crazy here. I had knee surgery and the day after I somehow tore my muscle in my calf on the same leg. The doctor has no clue how it happened. Anyhow....I am not so sure that I am going to have severe sun sensitivity as others but I am noticing that I burn pretty easy now days. I use my sons sunblock that is spf 50 and it helps tons. I bought some hydrocortisone cream and used it. It seemed to help. The rash on my face comes and goes....I am pretty well used to it now and know how to cover it up pretty well. I can't wait to see the Rheumy July 2nd. Also started taking Fish Oil and Ginkgo Biloba to help with some memory issues. Hopefully it helps.