Do any of you ever get a really sore scalp ?
I woke up this morning not feeling bad except for my scalp.  It felt really sore and bruised.  The entire scalp.  there was also alot more hair on my pillow, in my brush, everywhere.  I was wondering if any of you ever had this and if this is part of lupus or some weird thing.   Thanks Erin
I also experience some of this I have been wondering about Lyme not Lupus ...
check this out.  You can add symptoms to help you weed out what might be going on.

http://www.medhelp.org/symptomsearch?pagenum=1
I get a very itchy and bug crawling sensation on my scalp and do have sores which I am assuming is a discoid rash.  The pain in my body is mostly in the myofascial tissue.  I suppose that could apply in the scalp.  Good to get it checked out though.
Hi Trudie,

I too have the crawling sensations on my scalp...every day, several times a day.  I havn't mentioned it to any dr. though.  It's good to know there are others having the same sensations.  THANKS!  I love this forum!  Y'all have helped me so very much!

I also get a rash looking thing, mostly on my face and sometimes an itchy sore that goes away within 24 hours.  

The Lupus Book talks about different things that can affect the skin.
*hives or welts (urticaria) - this one itches
*butterfly (Malar) rash
*hair loss (alopecia)
*mouth or nose sores (mucosal ulcerations)
*discoid lupus - thick scaly and doesn't itch

These are the most common.

God bless you all ~Kara
Hi guys!  I was just wondering about the mouth sores.  What are they like and where are they located?  My Rheumatologist only asked if I got sores on the roof of my mouth.  NO.  But I have gotten some sores, almost like fever blisters, on the inside of my mouth, but not the roof.  Is that common with lupus?

Thanks and good luck to all!
lol  oops.... wrong forum.  Same disease, wrong symptom!  But the scalp thing.... I know what you feel like.  I am in the early stages of diagnosis.  So far, no Lupus, just positive ANA and Fibromyalgia.  No other test have been done.  But,  I do feel like someone has pulled my hair for HOURS, or like when you pull your hair up in a REALLY tight ponytail and take it down how it hurts all over?  Yeah, that sensation, without the ponytails!

Good luck!
I had mouth sores, but not on the roof of my mouth.  I also had sores in my scalp and on my face.  Sometimes on various places of my body.  They come up and leave usually within a day.  They never make a head like a pimple.  And not as sore as a pimple.  Once I started on plaquinel, the mouth sores have really slowed down.  Lupus really affects the soft tissue more readily than harder tissue.  So the mouth, intestines, skin,etc are some of the first symptoms to show up.  What I observed was that, everything didn't happen all at once.  Symptoms would come and go and maybe another symtom would show up.  The one symptom that was there everyday was fatigue, muscle weakness and joint pain.

I have also had the sensation of someone pulling on my hair.  

What is your ANA?  And what pattern?
Yes you can get mouth sores with Lupus.I get them all the time:(
I get this all the time. I've SLE.