Lupus Community
Drug Induced Lupus do to Levothroxin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Drug Induced Lupus do to Levothroxin

Are there any natural thyroid hormones to be used instead of the synthetics such as Levothyroxine? All the synthetics give me Drug Induced Lupus and I had my thyroid removed 20 years ago. Please help
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. In allopathy, there are no alternatives to levothyroxine. You can try a different brand. Naturopaths however use desiccated thyroid derived from pigs. Some allopaths too use this in form of Armour. Another T3 only replacement is Cytomel. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.