Lupus Community
Feeling hot without real fever??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Feeling hot without real fever??

Hello, all.  I have been dealing with autoimmune issues for about 15 years now.  I never got a formal diagnosis of anything other than fibromyalgia.  I've always tested negative for the lupus antibodies, though have had ANA's as high as 1280 and as low as 40.   I am on plaquenil and every now and then steroids to get me through some of the rough patches.   I wondered if anyone gets bouts of feeling hot/inflammation all over when going through a flare?  Not really a fever, per the thermometer, but just feeling like you have a fever? I don't really know any good way to describe it.  I feel achy and hot all over, my skin is hot to the touch , and sort of flu-like, but the thermometer always registers as no fever.   Anyone else?
It could be hormonal.  If you don't react to soy and don't have a high risk of breast cancer, you could add a soy supplement.  They don't have a lot of evidence as to whether this raises any health risks or not, but some people get help with the slow drop of estrogen of perimenopause or actual menopause.  

Or it could be your thyroid.  There is an autoimmune thyroid condition.  

Have you been checked for Celiac disease?  If you have it, you need to get off gluten to stop the addition of more autoimmune diseases and cancer.  
This happens to me all the time! I have lupus and I always feel like I'm running sporadic fevers but when I take my temp. it always says normal. I've also had my temp dropping low to 96 degrees and I feel really cold and achy. No one could explain why to me and said it was nothing to worry about but it's really uncomfortable. Just got dx w/ hypothyroidism though which could cause it. I'm unsure of whether the meds are helping yet since I haven't been on them for long but they might work. If you haven't already I would get your thyroid checked.
Thanks, Caryopteris.  I am 45 years old and think I am either in or close to perimenopausal status.  I do not have any reactions to soy nor am I at high risk for BC, sooo..........this is something that I will look into!  I hadn't really thought about it being perimenopausal-related, but I am open to any and all ideas! Thank you for the suggestion and insight!
Forgot to say......I have not been tested for celiac disease.......in fact, I don't know if I know what that is! Looks like I have some homework to do :)) BTW, I have been checked for the thyroid, so I'm good on that one!
HI, there! Yes, I have had my thyroid checked, so I know it isn't that.  It's just really ODD because I feel achy, feverish, etc., but then the thermometer just registers a normal temp!  I do get cold very easily when I'm not going through these feverish spells, lol, though I've learned that it is probably due to a newly diagnosed iron deficiency/anemia.  I am just really out of whack! I do really want to learn more about these so called 'fevers' just because I really feel sick when I get that way just like I would when I have the flu.....can sometimes knock me out for days!
HI, i thought i was the only one going thru that,feeling hot flush,i thought it was in my head as the dr seem to think,once again he was wrong (image that).
I too have lupus and have the same sensation.  I asked my Primary and he said lupus can cause inflamation (inflammation) in the vascular system, thus causing a flushing sensation.  I also have the feeling like I am running a fever, along w/ the aches and headache that accompany a fever.  Sometimes I actually am running a low grade.  If you temp seems to run low to begin with, then you could actually be running a temp.  
Yes, I also get the feverish feeling quite often when I'm in a flare.  I do sometimes actually run a fever during these times, but there are others when I only FEEL like I'm running a fever - I'll get that hot feeling, my face will sometimes get flushed (not always), my eyes will burn, I'll feel achy all over.

My "normal" temp runs pretty low - on average about 97.4 -- so even when the thermometer reads 98.6 - 99, it really feels higher to me.
I to feel this way a lot of times. I am having one right now, really not sure what to do for this.
Can anyone tell me what will help this burning .

Thank Renee
I get that all the time.  I feel so hot, then chills, and aches, and take my temp and it's always A-O-K....... Then a month ago, I went to the doc for chest pain (pleurisy) and the nurse tells me I have a fever, and I felt fine.... So, my body can't tell me when I really have a fever and when I do not.... And, I'm only 34, so it's not like hot flashes.... But, I am often cold.  Like, around the house I wear a hoodie, with the hood on.  I always cover myself with the comforter, even in August and When I sit on the couch to watch TV, I have to bundle up in a thick blanket.....

The fever-like thing usually seems to happen in the morning and at night, though..... If that means anything.  When I have a flare, it maybe through out the day, but I notice it mostly morning and night...

Hope you feel better
Same thing with me..I have lupus and every other day I feel feverish with aches all over especially my back and legs...everytime I tell someone I feel feverish, they don't believe me.  Its a horrible feeling and no one seems to understand
I've been fighting perimenapause for over 5 years now...flushed red face, chest and arms...hot to the touch when I'm flared up...at times I run a very low temp...my glands and my breasts get extremely sore...joint pain, swelling, extreme weight gain, hypoglycemic tendency and hunger for sweats and salt...I'm extremely tired and have more headaches than usuall...very bad menstrual periods, pain radiates to the knees...I have night sweats, cold chills...the fatigue is terrible, I can't sleep at night, my memory is foggy and I just feel as if I can't control my anger when I'm not taking Estrogen...My doc said my Estrogen is low,so he put me on a low dose...which has helped with some symptoms...My primary says I have adrenal fatigue and my gynocologist says I'm in perimenapause...I just feel confused and I feel like I'm getting no where and am losing out on quality time that I could share with my teenagers...It seems like I'm up 5 hours out of a day and in bed the rest...sure ***** to be me, really does!!!
I have been suffering with this fever for 20 years? The doctors think I am nuts I am depressed or it is fibromyalgia etc. the fever is so bad for months at a time no clue what triggers it but just goes on for a couple of months mostly flares up in the late afternoons and evenings almost goes away by late night very tired the whole time and want to stay in bed. Any doctor out there?
Sue
I'm 20 and I have Hoshimoto's thyroiditis. It's an autoimmune disorder that often results in hypothyroidism (under active thyroid). A lot of what I have read on various forums attribute these symptoms to the thyroid. I, however, an on medication to regulate my thyroid. I must get tests regularly to ensure that my levels are good. I recently got checked and my levels were perfect, so I know that it isn't my thyroid. I've had a sinus infection for several weeks that doesn't seem to go away but what's strange is that I am running a much lower temperature than my usual 98.7. I get bouts of extreme heat in which I cannot even keep clothes on because I am so hot. I sweat like crazy and I have a throbbing headache, as well as severe body aches and exhaustion. My body is not to the touch but, when I take my temperature, I have no fever. I dont think that this has anything to do with the sinus infection, as I am on antibiotics. My doctor drew blood yesterday in order to test me for just about everything. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea as to what might be causing these unbearable fever like symptoms and low body temperature?
I am being treated for undiagnosed Lupus, I do understand what you are saying.  My regular temperature runs low - usually between 96.5 and 97.2.  Some days I will feel feverish, achy, burning eyes and headache which brings on nausea, but temp will only be about 98 (highest 98.7) so not officially a fever.  My husband says we need a new thermometer, even though it works fine for him, lol.
What the doctors are saying I have the exactly same feeling
Plz reply me I am hypothyroid already taking medicine so the levels are fine,anemic so taking iron for that and vitamin d medicine once a week
I cannot explain this feeling to a doctor
I have not had answer from doctor, he says it is good I don't have fever.  I have next appointment in January, will try again.
I could respond to anyone within this string.  I have the same problem with always feeling HOT, really HOT, most of the time.  On the occassion when I am not feeling hot, I am freezing.  My tempature usually runs a little below normal around 97.4 and sometimes lower.  I have hypothyroidism, and am totally in menopause.  I have been on several estrogen types, up and down the dosage levels, with no relief.  I have been up and down the dosage for my thyroid also.  Thyroid tests show it is ok.  My doctor's refuse to check for anything other than the usual stuff, menopause and low thyroid.  I wish I could find a doctor who knows how to think outside of the box and fix me!  It's very uncomfortable being in my skin.
i cant not feel  the different of my own body my husband told me that my body be hot every night I don't even noticed that i do not sweat .I touch my body I don't feel the hotness  and I don't have fever
I'm 51 years old
can someone tell me what that mean
have lupus with low temp. but feel i'm burning up. my hair gets so wet the sweat runs down my back like i've got out of shower. uncomfortable and extremely embarrasing

I wonder if I can get any help out there!! Pleeeez !!!

I started two moths ago with a severe bloated stomach and one which feels raw and unable to digest food in the intestines.  My sinuses are full of phlegm all the time with mucus draining into my throat constantly.  
My body feels as though its burning up and have clamy hands and feet and it's effecting my mental status. I have a rapid heart rate constantly.
I have difficulty sleeping and staying asleep... This is driving my wife crazy !!
I really am at a wits end... My GP has done all the tests under the sun including stool samples for Parasites etc etc.. All to no avail.
  My personal prognosis is that I have Bacterial Sepsis without the fever..

I do hope that someone can shed a light on this!!!
Hi.  What medicines are you on?  I have periods of time when it feels like I am hot, but mostly I'm freezing cold.  I thought I was having hot flashes, but when they tested my hormones, they were all in the normal range.
Have they checked your liver out real good?  Lab work and ultrasound???

Another thing you can try is a good probiotic.  Along w/ some cutting back (and or) illiminating sugar in your diet.  For the sinus problems, you could try a nettie pot.  Be sure and use distilled water along w/ some salt.  They recommend twice a day.
Hi.  I have the exact same thing.  I have been sick for almost two years.  Get exactly what you describe.  I feel hot to touch and am achy but no fever to be registered by thermometer.  My doctor keeps saying it's in my head.  But I have IBS, interstitial cystitis, esophageal refulux, and I have extreme fatique, after a day of work, I hurt so bad all over, my hands, legs, neck, back, basically whole body.  I barely have energy to do daily functions on most days.  I have basically cut work down to once or twice a week which makes things hard.  Blood work is normal, had ANA test normal, been tested for Rheumatoid factor, normal, no one knows whats wrong.... Please let me know what happens with you.... fibromyalgia has been thrown around by walk in clinic docs, but I haven't gotten anywhere... I know something is wrong... I am 37 and living like i'm 85... tea, rest, no energy for anything, always feeling tire and unwell...
I have hot and red  face as I had fever when I am dehydrated. I am often dehydrated.
what are ya'll do for the cystis?  It's possible that your problems or at least some of them are realted to that.
not much doing for the cystitis.  It's not an infection, but a condition of a think liner in bladder so it causes pain and frequent urination...
other then pelvic pain, don't think it causes much of anything else I feel... :(
I'm almost certain the treatment is antibiotics on a long-term basis.  Am I wrong on that?

Does anything help, like staying away from cokes and artificial colors?  HAve you tried cranberry pills?
Gluten intolerance or sensitivity fits exactly what you are describing.  I found out the hard way.  There is a lot of good info out there related to Celiac disease, but you can be sensitive without being Celiac.  Please look into it; you will be SO glad you did.
Oh my gosh I have this exact same thing. My family thinks I am nuts, covered up with a blanket one moment, opening windows the next, eyes burning, skin flushed red. I am only 33 and it is NOT menopause.
The worst parts are waking up from being so hot, and the fact that my boss runs a space heater and i cannot even THINK when i feel that hot.
I swear being cool to the point of almost too cool is better for my body,.

I am going this month to ask my doc to test me for Lupus, I am not actually diagnosed.
(been trying to battle whatever is wrong w me for 5 years. I feel for you, it ***** feeling alone.
*stinks
Hi Steve here I'm 37 and for the past 6 months I get like I have a fever. Skin hot cold chills, exhaustion, weakness and achy. Been having a lot of tests done. I finally had an episode yesterday close to the va so I stopped in to see what was different. The only thing was my oxygen levels were at 94%. If you have another episode can you check that? Maybe we can figure it out. I get so damn tired but can't sleep. Sweat while sleeping and normal room temp is 55 deg. Please email me stevenrack at yahoo.
Has anyone recently had any diagnosis?  I'm desperate to find out what is the cause of these symptoms.
Hello,  My 17 year old daughter is suffering with very similar symptoms as some of you.  The Dr's do not know what she is sick with but she is severely suffering.  Can anyone help?  It started off with her having an overactive thyroid and now the levels are lowish but in normal range. She has severe headaches and body aches, her face becomes red and very, very hot yet no measurable temperature.  She is always nauseated to varying degrees and is often times light headed, has shakes, tired, hot and chills on and off and has thin skin that bruises sort of easy.  She will also break out in a huge sweat do to overheating yet no temperature.  Thanks for any ideas.
I too have Lupus.  Newly diagnosed.  I thought I was going crazy.  I also get a hot feeling without fever.  I thought I was going crazy or my mind was playing tricks on me.  I am happy to see that I am not the only one.  I also discovered that when I do not have my Plaquenil I get very bad kidney pain.  What do you think this means?
Hi  all.  I am happy and not so happy to read your posts.  I started plaquenil over a week ago.  I was on 200mg in am and now 200mg morning and night.  I have a dx of unspecified auto immune disease.  The fever and achy nausea you all describe has got me too.  How I describe it is it feels like how you would feel just before you would vomit. It comes  and goes. I wake up feeling that way most days.  I feel my best from about 5pm on. Then I go to bed and wake up sick again.  I don't have as much pain as I had.  I culd deal with the pain better than this feeling.  So tired of not feeling good.  In reading the posts, a lot of us have posted our symptoms.  But what I to know is has anyone found something that helps to lessen or stop the fever, nausea, yucky feeling.
Hello everyone. I want to say how very much I am releived in a strange sense to see your comments, but especailly  mochamommy0816  :)    I have been getting MOST of those symptoms for YEARS, but it seems this 8 months or so, it's worse. You are so correct in saying it's like attacks or waves that occur. I can be doing wonderful for a long period of time, then ..BANG!!  It's concering me because it has been happening a LOT more frequently these past few months and it takes me what seems to be forever to get better. I have been tested for thyroid issues, anemia, Lupus, etc..  and NOTHING,which I am grateful. I;m so tired of feeling like this. The MAIN thing you mentioned was feeling like you have a fever but you do not. I feel EXACTLY that way. Here lately it's been a lot of headaches, which I have EVERDAY since I was a young girl, but they are worse and different. I have NO energy and just an overwhelming feeling of feeling bad. I guess it would be similar to a FLU, but milder maybe. I HAVE however noticed that when I have extremely stressful situations, ( which I have been dealing with for years) but. more lately. It seems to make my body go out of wack easier now and takes me FOREVER to start feeling (normal) again.  I'm just so disheartned, fed up and almot embarrassed. My family always ask.. (what is wrong now)??  :( ***   It' upsets me so much to feel like this and I don't know what to tell anyone anymore.  Thank you all for not making me feel so alone.
is it thyroid causing it..?? plz reply soon
I have lupus my skin gets so hot if im laying in the bed and get up it feels like a very hot heat pad its very weird if i hurt a joint in my body or strain my back say the heat is so much worse in that area i have at night i large air conditioner vent blowing on me a ceiling fan and a regular box fan just to be able to sleep i have to keep my house on 70* if i get in the sun it makes me sick to my stomach and i get little blisters on my arms i wish they had more medications for it seems like they should have had a cure or made some kind of head way by now but we are stuck with it i feel like this disease started back in the plague era it killed almost everyone but some were not affected by it i feel like maybe they had some form of lupus there body developed to help fight off the plague just a thought  cause dang its bad and it sure come from some where over the years with vaccines we dont have stuff like that anymore so the lupus just lies in our body destroying the good stuff now hum? crazy thought.
Same,   been living with all these symptoms off and on for years.  Miss some really important things.   In the last couple years I have to sleep with a fan on so I can breath.  The pain, the nausea, feeling like flu, waking up feeling terrible, not being able to sleep, face hot but temp "normal".  Tired but can't sleep sometimes, and sooo sleepy hours and hours too much sleep others, even sometimes can't make it to work.  So tough to live a normal life!  Easy to say fibromyalgia or thyroid, but it's lazy non-technical doctors.  Thyroid tested, not an issue. Basic blood levels/cholestoral tested.  Chest xray normal.  Hormones were supposed to be tested but I haven't yet.  Pretty healthy and athletic, when I'm "normal".  Can't think when it's too hot or too cold, trouble focusing, weight gain10 lbs each time in 6 mths or less, as I try to eat myself into feeling better. :(  (thinking it's like lack of some vitamin) I've tried to stay away from the gluten too, but haven't really seen it as the cure, but maybe haven't stuck to it long enough.  .  I understand thinking depression, but it comes and goes, seems to have no rhyme or reason, but when life is challenging, its harder to fight it off.  Exercise whenever you can, even when you can't, it will help.  Hope we all find a "cure" for this, makes me want to be a doctor.  Docs!  Someone look into this, so many of us. :(  The "popular" Dx these days is Chron's, Lupus, Thyroid, Fybromyalgia, and Diabetes in the past, but .. How about real proof of a "root cause" ??  It can't be that difficult to locate the problem and manage with diet & exercise (medication as a last resort).  Wish I was a research doctor...pattern recognition.
I have bloated stomach...even if I eat an apple in the morning.I look nine months pregnant by night time...feelsl like you could put a needle in me and pop...all fluid to come out...my digestion track moves slow...much pain all over all of my bones and tissues, and head pain..extreme...can barely move somedays...very hot hot body...to touch my skin...but temperature says below normal.....I have constant drainage in the back of my throat...sometimes taste blood..drs.. think I have fibromayalgia..osteoarthritis and starting rheumatoidism...I exercise daily and eat healthy...and feel like an 85 year old body where I have such pain can barely stand or walk...I am 54 and look 30 to 40 ...I have been healthy up until age..50...done with menopause...but they are still testing...with many specialists...many things ruled..out...I feel pain all in the inside of me too they know I have inflamed cartilage lumps all over my body...feel like im not going to live long..burning eyes red veins...always have been clear...please help ..me if you can ***@**** dawn thank u.
Go to an endocrinologist! They test for everything.
My dr just took 10 vials of blood to run 50 different test. Im running so hot I cant wear clothes. I sweat something awful. Im up only 4 hrs a day if that. The faigue is horrible. I have body aches and joint pain. Years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have that checked often and that doesnt seem to be the problem. All my test came back fine. Go figure. But Im not fine.  If anyone has any ideas please reply.
OMG......I'm going through this. Just turned 47.   Hot with no apparent temp. Achy, and headaches. I had full blood workup in March with nothing out of the ordinary and it's not going away. Not sure how much more I can handle....No wonder guys think we are nuts!!!!   If this is peri-menopause, I would rather have my monthly till the end.
Hi. It sounds exactly like what I experience. Did you get a diagnosis?  Was it lupus?  Have you found any relief?  I have perioral dermatitis and it seemed to start around the same time.  When I get too hot or stressed out, my skin gets incredibly hot, especially my face, and nothing seems to cool it down.

I live for winter time. This is no way to live. My GP has tested my thyroid levels multiple times and they are always in the normal range. I don't know what to do now.

Feel so frustrated and tired.
I am so relieved to have found this thread. I have been having these symptoms for years and don't want to even talk about them because I feel redundant and as if people will think I'm a hypochondriac. I am feverish now. No temperature, but am flushed and am hot to the touch. I have headaches and feel dizzy with nausea. These symptoms are worse after I eat. The same symptoms have been occurring since I was in my early thirties--for about fifteen years. I've always had "delicate" health....I;ve had pneumonia five times. Also my thyroid checked as normal the last time, but wasn't a year ago. I'm going to have it checked again tomorrow. I hate being me. I feel as if my quality of life is very low and as if I'm just a lazy person.
I am so sorry for you. I can completely empathize. No one knows what is wrong and its implied that its in your head. I too have digestive problems. I've had diverticulitis flares, but not this time. I can't eat without feeling sick and am visibly bloated. I wonder if I just have a terrible immune system. There are people drinking and smoking and running around causing all kinds of mayhem, in fine health....and it doesn't seem fair!
I have been suffering since 1996 when I was treated for an insect bite.  I believe it was a tick bite as I was working outside in remote wooded areas at the time.  From that moment on, I have suffered with the aches, pains, sinus infections, headaches, brain fog, inability to concentrate, acid reflux, IBS, diverticulosis, feeling feverish but temp below normal.  I am so tired most of the time I can barely function.  If I am on the go for one or two days, it takes me three or four days to recuperate before I can go again.  I was diagnosed in 2003 with fibromyalgia, then in 2012 I was diagnosed with thyroid nodules.  I have been tested for lupus, infectious diseases and other autoimmune diseases and my thyroid tests come back within the normal range.  I go to an endocrinologist but I do not feel that he addresses my symptoms.  I have an appointment next week with an Integrative Medicine specialist who is an endocrinologist.  My sister has been diagnosed with Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis and suffers from very similar symptoms as mine, just not as long as I have suffered.  She went to numerous doctors before she found Integrative Medicine where she finally received a diagnosis and treatment.  I am hoping this new doctor will investigate further and come up with a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Most likely people are reacting to the constant spraying in the sky of the so-called CHEMTRAILS. No joke. Google/Youtube that word.
I have Graves Disease, I always feel nauseous , feverish (almost like I have the flu or something )....smh....I went to my thyroid doctor the other day, he checked my T3 and T4 and my B12 since I take monthly injections. Well to make a long story short, I was diagnosed with stage 3, one doctor said it was stage 4 invasive breast cancer, about 5 years ago. My thyroid doctor never phoned me back, after calling him. The nurse said he sent me the results in the mail (smh) and he's away for a month. Shouldn't he have phoned his patients first . Normally he does. But what can be making me nauseous and feverish all of the time be coming from ?
OMG, I have been freaking out for over a year!  I have had a weird achy feeling for months!  Headache off and on.  My GP said it was due to really low estrogen, which was like a 30 on the scale, and I am 39 years old.  My ENT said it was sinus, so I had that all fixed.  My friend thinks its an old root canal that's infected, but my dentist says this is not the case!  I don't know where else to turn!  Had an MRI which showed scattered white matter.  Auto-immune testing came back negative.

I'm so tired of feeling hot, when I'm not, foggy and headachy.  I'm also an emotional roller coaster!
:(
GET TESTED FOR LYME DISEASE...
GET TESTED FOR LYME DISEASE
I have hot red cheeks come on out of the blue, also increased burning/irritation in my eyes. Rheumy said it definitely can be my Lupus or Sjogrens acting up. As far as tum problems, I have that daily..its almost weird if I have most of a day where my stomach doesn't hurt and or be bloated...
C
Hello, out there I have the exact same issues I bounce up and down and go from feeling good to crappy to ok and back again.  I never know how I am going to feel and it is effecting my sanity.  I have been diagnosed with lupus, chronic fatigue pots and fibromyalgia.  My quality of life ***** I stopped working carry water and sugary items with me everywhere I go and stick close to home as I never k ow how I will feel.  Any suggestion on how to live like this?
Have had same symptoms for years.  For me, it is fibromyalgia.   Be prepared to hear some Dr's say it doesn't exist.  Imagine all these millions of us fakers with the same complaints!  
I have had this since I was 45 and I am 61 now...I do not test pos. for Lupus but Drs say I have it.  The only med I have found , and I have been on a lot , is Ultram....does not work for a lot of people but it does for me....the pain I have , the feeling sick all the time like you could throw up...muscle aches, no sleep...feels like your body is burning on the inside all the time...If you have not tried it ask your Dr. about it....I have tried so many meds.  I am in constant pain.....but with the Ultram I can function some ...so I wanted to suggest it ....anything that may help...I feel for all that have this.
Is it all over your body or in spots?
Everyone thinks I am 27 or maybe 32, I am 51.  There has to be something that is wrong with me because I have a number of diseases including Interstitial cystitis, Ancyolosing spondylitis, Reactive Arthritis, Fibro, two thyroid cysts, my thyroid seems normal but a little hyper, my bowels don't move but I got put on pain meds for my arthritis's, began having nausea so the dr kept raising my pain meds til one day I was told I was on the second highest dose in the State.  Lost over 120 lbs and got off the meds because I was given Remicaid treatments so I didn't need the pain meds but had a tripple bypass at the age of 47 (three <3 attacks, now a bad heart)' most likely I was told from the number of drugs I've been put on.  Had to go to my Dr. And tell him I could not take the burning, it was like breaking a fever and it seems to happen often throughout the day.  Also I had hurt my leg and there was a crushed bone that never healed, I was mostly in bed for three years until my dr put me on A low dose of Premarin and Progesterone.  This I had to beg for because of my heart issue but I could not handle the constant "breaking fever" feeling and sweating if I had to walk or stand for a few mins.  Now that I am on the hormones my leg seems to not hurt and I hope the darkened area won't show up on the X-rays like it has for years.  I'm out of bed but it's sill the breaking a hard sweat feeling that is really a painful feeling, it makes me think I'm going insane because all this going on is too much.  Though an endocrinologist is running blood tests but I don't know what for?  Also I have an appt. with him in a week or two.  Honestly I'm praying it's not Lupus, but a distant Aunt had the disease.    At least I am out of bed.  People at my church think my life is perfect and that I am not really sick, they say you look so cute and you are so lucky things are easy for you.  What they don't know is I eat between 500-600 cals. A day and still can't seem to get off the last 70 pounds.  What ever could this be! They say it is not my thyroid?
Ditto, I could not have said it better!  People think I am the luckiest person in the world but they would not last a day in my shoes.  For me the waves of pain/worst fever breaking feeling is daily and you explanation of stressful or when I have to do physical work, it seems to be all day long.  Like my thermostat is out of whack so I've been in bed for a little over three years.  The hormones I take have helped with the pain and I an having about a 15-30% reduction in the events but that is because the hormone cream I can only take every other day! there are days that I'd like to fill my syringe with Premarin and use the whole tube!  Stop the insanity and until I found this board, I'd thought I was half crazy!  My Husband is so understanding, am I a lucky lady <3
I think there is much truth to this! I agree 100% that this could very well be a huge part of why so many people are being diagnosed with  these types of conditions! or being misdiagnosed period. I think it is becoming an epidemic and what would the doctors say if we even mentioned CHEMTRAILS? They would tell us to take off our tin foil hats!  I have been blaming it on CHEMTRAILS for awhile now, I suffer with flu like symptoms 24/7. They have diagnosed me with so many conditions now I have lost track. I truly feel for you all, and sure hope we can get help soon! I also want my life back!
My symptoms are just like what you've listed. Do you get a crippling fatigue along with the low grade fever? I also have a weird rash on my arm (elbow). I haven't went to the DR bc we are getting ready to move back to NC so I thought I'd wait. But I'm a little freaked out. Maybe it's all hormonal?? I don't know. Some ppl don't believe me bc I look good, or rather, not sick enough.
I suspect that my hot, red forehead; flaky facial skin spots; ringing ears; & hot torso & head with no fever whatsoever..... may be due to taking WARFARIN too long.... also known as COUMADEN.... also used as RATPOISON in high doses... Doctors like to put you on Warfarin for 6 to 12 months at a time if you have had some major trauma, just in case you may develop a blood clot.   I had dark spots on my lower legs from trauma (which indicate poor circulation), even before I broke my Tibia & had an operation to put cadaver bone & titanium plate in.     They made me inject Enoxaparin sodium, (aka. "pig bowel mucus" ) into my stomach for several weeks.   I took several antibiotics both intravenous & pill, though I had already had been taking some for a bad case of leg cellulitis (due to not immediately treating a deep leg scrape while having my poor circulation).
I was prescribed Warfarin for 6 months, but after 4 months the symptoms of extremely hot skin, loud ringing in ears, flaky face, & red forehead began.
I stopped the warfarin for a couple days & the symptoms abated quite a bit.... then I started the warfarin up again several more times upon which each time the symptoms came back with a vengance.... I stopped taking Warfarin & started taking a low dose aspirin which is probably what mostly should be prescribed, if indeed the Warfarin (rat poison) is what is responsible for the symptoms.   Just now I had a relapse & had to put ice on my eyes, nose, forehead, back, arms, & hands: as I have to do at least once a da!.   It could perhaps be Manopause as my VA doctor suggested, but I bet Warfarin was never as thoroughly tested as it should have been!   Any one else have this happen?
I am a 47 year old male, hot to the touch my palms are so hot they are constantly red, 4 weeks ago on my way to work I threw up in the car, since then I have had test after test after test it reveals nothing.  In my early 20's I started to have joint problems not due to sports,  I have had 6 operations on each knee and both my elbows are in pain and now my left and right hip has started to get sore,  One day I can walk for miles the next not even 100 yards.  The thing that bothers me the most out of these 27 years of suffering is the the heat my body is producing and it's now getting worse and affecting my work I have now been off 4 weeks, my sister has fibromyalgia and 2 of my nieces have hyper mobility syndrome and 1 has lupus.  I have suffered the the hot temp with no temp coming on 30 years and no one has answers but other that I feel good no headaches just joint pain and feeling hot so hot the bed needs changed every day and a new pillow, I buy pillows by the bucket load and new mattress protectors.