Lupus Community
Feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Feet

I know this may sound strange but here it goes. I've been diagnosed with lupus for several years now and also Carpal Tunnel, now for about a month now i've been having this pain and stiffness in my foot at the top where the leg itself and foot meet and it feels just like carpal tunnel. Now i know that it would not be consider carpal tunnel cause its in a different spot. So can someone please tell me the correct name for this and is this lupus related and whats the treatment would be for this. Thank You
If you have been dx'd with lupus then you are probably going to have a lot of unexplained pain, stiffness and cramping in different areas of your body.  Have you had joint pain elsewhere?  Two years with lupus.  May I ask what you have experienced so far?  I had bad cramps in my feet for about a week right before I ended up in the ER with low sodium and low potassium.  I also had cramping in my calves.  I know this sounds more like a joint thing but that's what lupus does.  I have so many things happen to my body that nobody can ever explain.  Right now I have a sore and swollen neck.  I feel like I am choking.  I had an ultrasound today but in watching the techs face I have a feeling she didn't find anything.  I will have to wait untill next week to know for sure but tonight I am just fighting off this choking feeling from my neck being so swollen.  I'm just trying to say, I hope you find an answer but there will probably be many times things just happen and they don't make sense.  That's lupus.  God Bless.
Hope someone can answer you.
Joni
Thanks for the response. Yes i have had joint pains in my side, knees, feet, ankle. fingers,elbows and so forth, basically every joint you can imagine or think of. So far i had blood and protein in the urine, foggy urine, hair loss, i went through cytoxan for  months afterwards i was diagnosed with cmv. Spent 10 days in the hospital everyday when i was in hospital i had a high fever of 102 or greater its lot ore but right now i just cant think of of. as we speak of right now the swollen neck and sore throat im expercening that right now as well. I have some doctors appointment coming up, and i thank you for answering my questions and concerns. May God Bless you as well
I hope you feel better soon.  I'm sorry for everything you are going through.
Do you have any idea what makes your neck swell?  Is the autoimmune or thyroid or something else?  I sure wish I knew why mine does it.  I am trying really hard today to ignore it.  I am also keeping away from sugar because I read it causes inflamation (inflammation).  I am going to google "foods that cause inflamation (inflammation)" and see what I come up with.  I am going to stay away from them as well until this gets under control with the Imuran.  This is just no way to live and I am hoping all gets better soon.
Take care and God Bless,
Joni
PS  What is CMV?