I was thinking about when my Lupus symptoms started and what was going on before that. I know I had a Halicobacter Pylori infection in 1999, and once I got rid of that, then all my other symptoms started. Dry eyes, dry mouth, then many days of tooooo much spit in my mouth to the point of spitting a lot when speaking and choking on my own spit, having trouble remember from one SECOND to the next what I was doing, rash on the face, joint pain, long bone pain, etc. I also know I was drinking about 96 ounces of water per day that I was getting from the tap at work, which later was found to be contaminated with lead, be I never got tested for Lead poisoning. All my symptoms went away for a while, like 2 years, I think, and now they are back. I only drink Aquafina now, but it is all back. So, I guess I can't blame water. I do have the pain in my tummy again. Maybe I should check the H. Pylori again. HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD H. PYLORI INFECTION BEFORE STARTING AUTOIMMUNE SYMPTOMS????? WHAT ABOUT LEUKOPENIA???? I ALSO HAD THAT!
I didn't have an H. Pylori infection, but I, too drank contaminated water. That (in combination with other things) is what they think spawned my Lupus. One theory about Lupus is that an infection can come in and throw your white blood cells into a frenzy, and from then on, your white blood cells have a hard time differentiating between good and bad cells. If that makes sense. I think it's very possible that your infection started lupus, but then again, i'm no doctor.
I did have H-pylori and just finished the prev pac. I am also having very strange symptoms, thats why I decided to look on the lupus forum. I am still concerned that I have the infection as I am still belching and having discomfort under the right rib area with a whole lot of heartburn. I had a horrible case of chicken pox a few years ago when I was 33, then a case of the shingles. I know that infections can cause lupus. The cells in the body get confused. What are your symptoms of lupus?
I Have been traveling for a bit now. I am still out and about and using a friend's computer. Anyway, I was with my father at the hospital last week while he was getting a triple bypass, and asked the nurse if she knew of a connection between H. Pylori and Lupus. She said there is definitely a connection. She agrees that is probably what caused my Lupus. I am ecstatic to know I found an answer but ticked that a fly pooping on my food is the probable cause!!! that is so basic and usual.
Anyway, I will answermmm2cool in about a week. Right now I have to get off here as I'm in someone's way. Definitely sounds like you need more medicine for the H. Pylori. they don't always go away, and if you miss ONE dose, or are late, the bacteria gets immune to the drug! So, you'll have to get a new drug. Try something different. Anyway, gotta go.
Thanks to all for responding.
I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus ten years ago. I presented with rash across the bridge of the nose and cheekbones and with severe swelling of the joints in the hands, fingers and wrists included. Reluctantly went on Placquenil (just don't like drugs) but it took me into remission. I remained on the drug but after 5 years started to experience long term effects so was slowly taken off the drug. I do have joint pain and have developed Leukopenia. I have tested positive for arthritis, RA and Osteo....but I am drug free. I teach yoga and fitness classes and just don't stop. I eat well and I stay away from tap water...lol...just because. The key is to stay active and learn how to relax. Lupus is autoimmune....nothing can prevent it or make it disappear but there are levels to this condition but they are manageable and there are remissions. Look forward to them. Stay on top of having your blood tested and ask for ANA count....it will be present if you have autoimmune.
I've very nervous reading your posts. I was just diagnosed with the H. pylori today and have a host of other tests coming back. I had shingles three months ago and have unexplained joint pain and fatigue. I can't really eat a thing. This is the first post I read tonight. I'm scared.
oregonmommy77...Research H.pylori associated with shingles. It might be of interest to you. There is lots of research on H..pylori and shingles. Also of interest is H.pylori associated with autoimmune diseases?? Most of the research on this is in the last two years. Be sure it is research from the last two or three years. Recent research is uncovering alot about H.pylori. H.pylori is a bad bug. My husband and I both tested positive for H.pylori Cag+. We are both eradicated now. We get tested every year to be sure we do not have it again. Yes...you can catch it again. There is also a 20% chance that the meds do not eradicate you. Eradication rate is about 80%. It is advised that you have a stool or breath test and make sure you are eradicated. Also, it is advised that if one person in the family has H.pylori everyone in the family should be tested. I am not a doctor but I know how much it helped my husband and I when we eradicated the H.pylori. It saved his life and made mine lots better. I pray you eradicate your H.pylori.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.