Lupus Community
HELP PLEASE SO SCARED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

HELP PLEASE SO SCARED

I am 27 years old just diagnosed with POTS and Lupus back in march. I have been unable to breath well for a week now. I have had a chest xray yesterday which was clear , I have had a CT of my chest which was clear in June, I had a ECHO in june which was clear and a stress test in november 2012 which was clear. what are the chances of having interstitual lung disease or pulmonary htn ?! im so scared my pulse ox is 100% my bp and hr are good, I do get tachy because I have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) I am SO SCARED d-dimer good CBC and BMP good I just dont understand whatas going ON!??@??@
Hi!
The inability to breathe properly can be due to stress, anxiety, anemia or even due to a bad gastric reflux. It could be a lung problem but less likely with good oxygen saturation. While your recent heart tests were good, they may need a re-evaluation if the above mentioned causes are ruled out.
Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I have had SLE (and a list of other diseases) since 1998. I have COPD-something which the drs are unsure of whether lupus plays a hand in it or something else. I will tell you that I find anxiety plays a part in my breathing problems- but that is a non-medical diagnosis. I hope that your doctors are able to help you out and you get relief very soon!
I was just diagnosed with lupus today. It has mainly made my spine and bones degenerate.  Also, for the past year, it is difficult to breath at all times, even when I am totally not stressed out (like while watching a movie or reading a book or going to bed...)  I have had so many exrays, MRIs and CATSCANs that I am almost glowing with radiation.   Anyway, the labored and shallow breathing are probably due to lupius, per the doctor, but I do not have any solution for the breathing yet, and am going to a rheumatologist soon who hopefully