Hashimoto's, SLE and Remission
I have SLE and Hashimoto's (among a million other issues). I recently ran out of thyroid medication and it took a couple of months to get to the doctor's to get my blood work done (I am almost never home due to my job. Let the lectures begin). My lupus is in remission and, as it turns out, my TSH and T4 came back within normal ranges. Is it possible that:
1) The lupus, when it is active, causes the hashimoto's?
2) When the lupus is in remission, my thyroid functions at a normal level?
3) There is another logical explanation for this?

Diagnosed hashimoto's thyroiditis at age 9. My TSH was over 400. Not 4.00, but 400.
Diagnosed Reynaud's at 11.
Diagnosed Hypoglycemic at 12
Diagnosed Lupus and Fibromyalgia at 23. Currently in remission.
Degenerative joint disease in both knees, hip bursitis, tmj
Currently on a non-processed food die and exercise daily. This seems to have made a significant impact of my joint pain, fatigue, and general SLE/FMS/Hashimoto's symptoms.
Hi!
It is possible that when you are in remission stage, the inflammatory process all over the body is arrested, which also includes thyroiditis. Another possibility is that with medication the thyroid function is well under control and may take about 3-4 months to go back to old stage of hypothyroidism. Hence, you must repeat the test after 2 months or if symptoms start earlier. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!