Aa
A
A
Close
484160 tn?1343401521
Heel pain
I have recently begun to have some pretty serious heel pain in both feet. It feels almost as though I have stone bruises. In the beginning it was only when I first woke up and stood, and then mostly my right foot. Then it began affecting both feet.  Then it started hurting whenever I walked.  Is this related to Lupus? Is there anything I can do to alleviate it?  People are constantly asking what I did to my foot because I limp all the time now.  I swear I hobble around like a little old lady.  I am a pretty sedentary gal for the most part.  I don't do sports, I have a desk job (I do walk out in the shop to check on production or check stock on a part, but I don't do a lot of standing) so I really don't think it is an injury.  I have worn the same type of work boot for over five years without any problems so I don't think that is the problem.  Right now my major issues are the heel pain, muscle atrophy in my right arm (this bites because I am right handed), headaches and muscle spasms.  I also have joint pain in some of my fingers.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
484098 tn?1259531132
The heel pain sounds like what I had a few years ago.  I attributed it to weight gain and bad shoes and age.  I went out and spent a couple hundred bucks on some awesome shoes and the pain went away for a while.  Later, I noticed it was coming back, mostly while in bed at night, and it didn't matter if anything touched my feet or not.  I could lie on my tummy and put my feet in the air and still have pain.  I eventually attributed it to the Lupus or Sjogrens.  Since being on Celebrex, that pain disappeared.  After a year on it, I started getting a lot of pain back throughout my body, and stopped the celebrex for 2 weeks.  The pain was HORRIBLE throughout my body, and when I started taking the celebrex again, the pain went away within 30 hours.  Now I'm on Plaquenil and am 99% pain free!!!  I can only guess for you, but I guess for the Lupus.  Go spend half your monthly wage on a good pair of shoes (check out foot smart *******) and see what happens to your pain.  Let me know!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
484160 tn?1343401521
Thanks for the info.  I will try the shoe thing, but it may take a while.  I am out about 1000.00 in out-of-pocket medical expenses in the last month and am about medical bill-ed out for a while.  I was supposed to have my first appointment with the new rhemy today but had to reschedule because my budget just can't handle any more extraordinary expenses right now.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources