Lupus Community
LUPUS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

LUPUS

Hi my mum has lupus. Im just wondering is it hereditry? as i suffer with some of the symptoms what my mum suffers. I have the aching joints, really tired all the time, i bruise very easy (never use to), i suffer depression.

I had blood test taken bout 9 yrs ago and the specialist did find something there but he said id have wait few yrs to see if the multiply.
my joints are also very stiff, and never had this problem before but my eyes and mouth are very dry. Im only 25
Lupus is an autoimmune disorder. Research has indicated that autoimmune disorders do tend to have some genetic influences. What will trigger your system and when is not yet fully understood.  Autoimmune diseases tend to run in clusters. That is people usually have more than one type of disorder. Because your mum has it, you are probably at a higher risk than someone who has no familial traits. Make sure you have blood work done annually to keep on eye on your system. While you may not get Lupus, you certainly can get other autoimmune disorders. This way doctor's can stay on top of your health. Wish you the best.
There is an autoimmune disorder called Sjogren's syndrome which sounds a bit like what you are describing. I am currently awaiting to be tested on this very syndrome. You can google it and there are many articles that describe it.  Hope this helps some what.
Thank you for ur help