Lupus Community
Low MPv, high protein C, 7 years of h---!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

I guess this is my last chance at trying to get my old life back. Everything was great until 2006. Since then to every doctor I've seen my issue has been: " I eat, exercise and live right, why can't I feel normally energetic like I used to?"
Answer is always: menopause, depression, fibro myalgia, chronic fatigue,hypochondriac. Saddest part is that I can't be the mother and daughter I've always been to those who need me most. I had an accident last April 4, 2012, my pelvis is broken in 4 spots and shows no sign of healing yet, I've seen several specialists. They're all stumped and say "give it time".  Decided to review all medical records and try to help myself; only things unusual are:
-a declining MPv count each of 15 blood tests since 2006. Last two are in the actual LOW category.
-always an official HIGH protein C count, nothing I have says Reactive C (is this the same thing),
7 years of swollen glands, weakness and fatigue, sweats and chillls; it's been so hard and depressing, so tired of going to doctor after doctor. I'm hoping my unfortunate pelvic fractures not healing just might lead me somehow to an answer. I've had every diesase test in the book (lupus, lyme disease, thyroid, creatine, TB,....) any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Martha
I understand your struggle, although mine was not quite as protracted, it was frustrating, and eerily similar

After numerous doctors telling me that I was unable to walk because I was depressed, viral syndrome etc. I got fed up and literally went alphabetically.  My  C reactive protein was high, my cofactor was non-existent, and my cyotkine levels were through the roof.

My diagnosis ending up being an atypical MCTD

hang in there.

T
Have they tested you for bone marrow cancer or leukemia?  
Do a web search on "nonunions".  

I know this has been very disheartning and frustrating.  I'm praying for you.  Please keep us posted on your progress.