Lung pain - Pleurisy
I have a question, have any of you developed pleurisy?  I read that can happen with Lupus, however I haven't been able to find if you can develop pleurisy out of the blue, with no prior cold / cough.  The other day I started having pain in my upper right lung that went through to my back (shoulder area).  It hurt when I would breathe in deep, hiccup, burp (I know, so lady like) and at times it would hurt on its own.  This came out of no where, I didn't hurt myself, over-exercise or have excess gas (which I find the ER always wants to pin it on... lol).  

My doctor prescribed Meloxicam for it.

I appreciate your input.
Has no one had pleurisy that's part of this community?
I thought it was a common symptom?

Hmm.....
I haven't been officially diagnosed with Lupus, but I have many of the symptoms and it's been hinted at more than once.  

But I have had pleurisy many times and yes, it just comes out of the blue.  One minute I'll be fine and the next I'll be in severe pain for no apparent reason.  In fact, I have it right now lol.  I am coughing a bit...but I wasn't when I first noticed the pain in my chest.

I have Lupus and I have had severe chest pains that start at the front and feels like it is shooting sharp horrible pain into my back around my shoulder blade, then it hurts to take a deep breath.  The pain comes and goes, but when it comes boy it is painful.  The only thing is that I don't know if that is pleurisy because something is always very painful on me so i have never gotten it checked out, i also think that i am so sick of doctors i put off seeing them as much as possible.  I know very bad.  I also am supposed to get my blood done every 2 weeks and i think it has been 2 months since I last went. He is going to kill me!!!!!
I wish I knew.  I just know I'd go in for chest pain and they'd tell me it was pleurisy.  My symptoms were chest pain, difficulty breathing due to the pain and difficulty lying down due to the pain.  

While reading up on it just now, it says that the pain is usually localized to one side of the chest.  If it's in the middle I'm guessing it's bronchitis.  That's what my current dr. told me when I went in a couple months ago with chest pain.  

So I'm guessing before when I had it I would mention that it hurt in one specific area which wasn't the middle though I really don't remember lol.
does this sound like pleurisy? i am in world of hurt..my lupus is effecting my lungs..been 10 yrs since this happened..but i am having wrap around muscle cramps in chest..it hurts so bad..comes on whenever..go to ER and they said it caused a heart attack..but back 4 times with same thing but only last about 45 minutes then quits. I feel the muscle starting to bunch up but doesn't alway continue to the point of pain..so now on muscle relaxers. I am disgusted that they don't try to find the cause just treat the symptom.
I was diagnosed with lupus about a year ago and starting about a month ago I would get these chest pains but they'd only last about 15min then 3 days ago I got this horid chest pains and this time it hasn't gone away, I went to the ER and they did a bunch of tests on my heart and checked for a pulmerary embilism and they came back negative. I believe I do have pleurisy other then the fact he my pain is in the middle of my chest rather then on one side. Its excrusiating pain when I breath and move. I've been taking short breaths and lying down for the last 3 days and its been getting better and worse but never going completely away. It *****!
I get the same pain...I'll be fine for months on end and then all of a sudden the lungs in the back tighten up and its the most painful thing I've ever had.  Once i get an episode it will last for 3-4 days and the doctor told me all I can do is take vicodin to relieve the pain......

I wish there was something I could do to prevent the onset of pleurisy....

any help would be great...
jeff
***@****