Lupus Community
Lupus Flare
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lupus Flare

I was diagnose with Lupus in 2009; in addition to Lupus, I have Raynaud's.  Nevertheless, I have been blessed not to be on any medication for either diseases. Since my Lupus diagnose, Ive only had two flares until recently.  I went to Florida for a mini vacation and I was out in the sun for an extensive time.  I notice while in Florida my hands swell very bad but as  time progress my swelling went down.  Later that week, my joints to began to ache very bad which I then knew I was having an flare.  By Saturday, the aching and tenderness was gone.  Well, this past week while I was sleep I felt a sharp pain and tenderness in my  left elbow.  When I woke up I realized my elbow was swollen twice the size, red, blueish black.  It was sooo painful I couldn't bend or straighten my arm at all.  I decided to go to my Rheumatologist to see whats going and she advise more blood work and extra to see what is going on with my elbow.  she prescribed predisone for 1 week plus anti-inflammatory pills.  My arm isn't as sore three days later but it is still swollen and bruise.  Do you'll think its a Lupus flare or  just a typical bruise?  Any advice is appreciated.