Lupus "SLE" and Garlic?
My mother has been diagnosed with Lupus SLE, after researching the web we are getting mixed answers as to weather or not garlic is safe to consume? She has added garlic to her diet recently and since has had a metallic taste in her mouth. Not sure what to make of it! Also is juicing recommended in the diet.
Hi!
Well, garlic is supposed to be a ‘wonder food’. It can help by reducing the inflammation in lupus. Usually it is best to crush the garlic and let it sit for some time and then consume it. However, garlic cannot be the sole treatment for lupus. You need to continue seeing the medical doctor for your mother and use garlic as a support treatment. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
You may want to try coconut also. You can drink it, eat it or cook with it.  It can reduce inflammation.
I have lupus, and ate garlic days ago and happened the same thing to me, people told me that my mouth was smelling like iron the next day, and i didn' t feel well, so it is truth, avoid garlic.