Aa
A
A
Close
1548905 tn?1303334609
Lupus or not
I found there were some red spot on my both arms and went to see doctor, no other symptoms. three times aPTT test were done, all of them are prolonged 3-6 seconds compared to the reference range. all the CBC and PT (INR) were good.

further tests were done in April. aPTT was still prolonged, 38.5 seconds. aPTT 4:1 NP was 37.2 seconds, and 1hr aPTT 4:1 NP was 38.2 seconds. the reference level for aPTT was 24.3-36.4. I dont know whether this mixture tests indicated correction or not.

Factor VIII was 42% (reference 50%-150%). all the other factors (XII, XI, IX) were normal. VMF AG and VMF activity were 55 and 58, within the reference range of 50-150, though a little lower.

Does this mean there were some inhibitors in my blood, such as lupus,  or just factor VIII deficiency?

Is it a serious problem or not?I am really worried about it.

Thanks a lot
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
I certainly don't personally know anything about these test and results.  But I am wondering if anybody has checked your platlets?  

When you say "prolonged", does this mean the clotting time was prolonged?  

From what I can find, the Factor V test is to determine clotting.  Which might indicate antiphospholipid antibodies.  A small percentage of patients w/ antiphospholipid antibodies are more likely to experience bleeding than clotting.  This group either has very low platelet counts (less than 30,000/mm3) or lack a blood clottin factor called factor II.

I would think w/ the red spots that your problem would be w/ bleeding.  

I not sure if this is serious.  I would think you would want to be careful not to injure yourself until they can determine exactly what is going on.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources