Lupus Community
Lupus pain and muscle spasms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Lupus pain and muscle spasms?

Do you have pain and muscle spasms with lupus? And what type of muscle spasms do you have?
100%
 (7) 
1. yes
0%
 (0) 
2. no
7 Members voted
Thanks for sending this.  I have been having a lot of trouble w/ this lately.  I'm not sure what you mean by "what type".  I just know they are very painful.  I also have muscle twitches and muscle jerks daily.  Along w/ headaches and some vertigo.
I meant arm, leg, back or feet spasms?

Apparently, my Rheumy thinks that muscle spasms have nothing to do with Lupus or UCTD.
From what I've read on medhelp, it very much seems to be a symptom.  

I have spasms (painful) in my thighs, and back (where the kidneys are).  I also have an electric shock thing going on in my neck up in my head.  

I haven't found where that is a symptom of lupus, but I think if lupus can cause inflamation (inflammation) in any are of the body, then it could theoredically cause inflamation (inflammation) in the muscle too.  Just my opinion :)
Last night I had to call my husband who was on the road because I was having such a painful muscle spasm up the left side of my back and across my ribs and up my chest. I started hyperventilating because the pain was so bad, my whole body was tingling. It lasted like 10 to 15 minutes and I had to stay flat on the bed. It was horrible.
wow, 100% said yes. I have muscle spasms in my feet, calves, back,  around the kidney area also, and recently the under part of my arms between elbow and wrist.
I get them pretty much everywhere, but mostly in feet, including toes, calves, arms, back.
Yes they are never in the same place for long- can crop up any where! I also have fibromyalgia. So who knows what disease to blame? Since so many of us have both fibro and lupus I predict that one day they will realize it is all one disease..