Aa
A
A
Close
787406 tn?1339206783
Lupus pain and muscle spasms?
Do you have pain and muscle spasms with lupus? And what type of muscle spasms do you have?

1. 1. yes

2. 2. no
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
Thanks for sending this.  I have been having a lot of trouble w/ this lately.  I'm not sure what you mean by "what type".  I just know they are very painful.  I also have muscle twitches and muscle jerks daily.  Along w/ headaches and some vertigo.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
787406 tn?1339206783
I meant arm, leg, back or feet spasms?

Apparently, my Rheumy thinks that muscle spasms have nothing to do with Lupus or UCTD.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
434278 tn?1324709825
From what I've read on medhelp, it very much seems to be a symptom.  

I have spasms (painful) in my thighs, and back (where the kidneys are).  I also have an electric shock thing going on in my neck up in my head.  

I haven't found where that is a symptom of lupus, but I think if lupus can cause inflamation in any are of the body, then it could theoredically cause inflamation in the muscle too.  Just my opinion :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
787406 tn?1339206783
Last night I had to call my husband who was on the road because I was having such a painful muscle spasm up the left side of my back and across my ribs and up my chest. I started hyperventilating because the pain was so bad, my whole body was tingling. It lasted like 10 to 15 minutes and I had to stay flat on the bed. It was horrible.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
wow, 100% said yes. I have muscle spasms in my feet, calves, back,  around the kidney area also, and recently the under part of my arms between elbow and wrist.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I get them pretty much everywhere, but mostly in feet, including toes, calves, arms, back.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yes they are never in the same place for long- can crop up any where! I also have fibromyalgia. So who knows what disease to blame? Since so many of us have both fibro and lupus I predict that one day they will realize it is all one disease..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703