Lupus Community
Lupus pain and muscle spasms?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lupus pain and muscle spasms?

Do you have pain and muscle spasms with lupus? And what type of muscle spasms do you have?
100%
 (7) 
1. yes
0%
 (0) 
2. no
7 Members voted
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
Thanks for sending this.  I have been having a lot of trouble w/ this lately.  I'm not sure what you mean by "what type".  I just know they are very painful.  I also have muscle twitches and muscle jerks daily.  Along w/ headaches and some vertigo.
Blank
787406_tn?1339206783
I meant arm, leg, back or feet spasms?

Apparently, my Rheumy thinks that muscle spasms have nothing to do with Lupus or UCTD.
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
From what I've read on medhelp, it very much seems to be a symptom.  

I have spasms (painful) in my thighs, and back (where the kidneys are).  I also have an electric shock thing going on in my neck up in my head.  

I haven't found where that is a symptom of lupus, but I think if lupus can cause inflamation (inflammation) in any are of the body, then it could theoredically cause inflamation (inflammation) in the muscle too.  Just my opinion :)
Blank
787406_tn?1339206783
Last night I had to call my husband who was on the road because I was having such a painful muscle spasm up the left side of my back and across my ribs and up my chest. I started hyperventilating because the pain was so bad, my whole body was tingling. It lasted like 10 to 15 minutes and I had to stay flat on the bed. It was horrible.
Blank
wow, 100% said yes. I have muscle spasms in my feet, calves, back,  around the kidney area also, and recently the under part of my arms between elbow and wrist.
Blank
I get them pretty much everywhere, but mostly in feet, including toes, calves, arms, back.
Blank
Yes they are never in the same place for long- can crop up any where! I also have fibromyalgia. So who knows what disease to blame? Since so many of us have both fibro and lupus I predict that one day they will realize it is all one disease..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...