Lupus?
I had a positive ANA in June of this year, and went back in for complete ANA panel.  All results were completely normaly minus the Anti-DNA (DS) AbQn which was 13. I am a Type 1 diabetic (for 30 years), have no complications and keep it well controlled.  I have never been diagnosed with arthritis.  I have a spot on my hand which hurts and can swell, but it's not joint related (or on a joint) and only bad after spending lots of time on laptop or iPhone.  

Does this mean I have Lupus?  I don't have any of the other symptoms out of the 11.  So, I have two for sure, MAYBE you can count arthritis as being the third, but I definitely have no other of the 11 conditions which you must have 4.

HELP.  I did have this blood work done 1 week after a balloon sinuplasty so I did have significant nasal swelling and also was starting to get a sinus infection. Could this be it?  I do have Hashimotos thyroiditis as well.  I realize I'm more predisposed to getting autoimmune disorders because of my Type 1 diabetes, but this is freaking me out.  I just got lab results today when I can't talk to my doctor's office.... But could Hashimotos, diabetes, or sinus infection cause the out of range Anti-DNA test???

Please help, I'm very anxious and worried.  I'm 36 years old and healthy with a precious 3 year old boy.
Hi!
There are some other things you should know regarding lupus, aparat from the symptomatic diagnosis. Specked ANA and presence of dsDNA antibodies confirms lupus to a great extent. However, dsDNA antibodies are also seen in rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune hepatitis, and myeloma.. Anti-SM subtype of speckled ANA almost confirms lupus diagnosis, as it is rarely present in other disorders. Anti-Ro and Anti-Sm together almost confirm diagnosis. While high antidsDNA antibodies confirm lupus, they may or may not be present during less active stage. Please discuss with your specialist. Take care!