Lupus Community
Need some help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Need some help

I will soon be making an appointment with a rheumy to try and figure out what is going on.  What all do I need to do to prepare for this visit?  Do I need to keep a log of all my symptoms?  What works best.  Do I tell them that I think I have lupus or just tell then my symptoms and go from there?  I'm just so ready for some relief. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Hi!
The questions would depend on the problems you are having for which you are consulting the doctor. However make a list of all your symptoms, preferably in the chronological order in which they appeared. List all questions that come to your mind as you pen down your symptoms. Jot down all the medical problems you had in the past, however insignificant or unrelated they may seem. Why you have the symptom, possible diagnosis and treatment should be asked about. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.